Bushnell - TRKR T125L - 1AA light

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys and gals!

I just wanted to share a few pics of a light I picked up yesterday at a local Wall-mart.
It's a single AA cell light from Bushnell that I presume was released recently. The name is the TRKR T125L (rolls right off the tongue).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~

21abvyh.jpg

Here it is next to some classic Fenix lights.

2ptuq95.jpg

SHINY! It has 3 red leds as well as 3 leds that emit a purplish bluish light as you will see below.

2w4lpgn.jpg

I like this light a lot. The tailcap however.... is pretty cheap and flimsy and nothing like a Fenix tailcap.
It feels like eventually this would be the weak point on this light. With regular use it should last a long time though.
It's not horrible but definitely feels more mushy compared to the firm TK11 (and I've used the TK11 every day for a year).

a44su9.jpg

Not sure what the main led is. Maybe someone can guess.

2z3xnvq.jpg

2mnkbnq.jpg

noztyw.jpg

vpcfwy.jpg

TK11 xp-g R5 on Left - Bushnell TRKR T125L on right. The Bushnell is rated at 125 lumens for 50 minutes.
I've adjusted the exposure so the TK11 hotspot is just barely blown out.
The Bushnell is actually quite powerful for a 20 dollar light. Much brighter than this beam shot implies.

vcx9mu.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A fun light overall and the main beam is actually VERY nice for the price. Warmer than the TK11 R5 though obviously not nearly as bright. The TK11 is 258 lumens while this light is supposedly 125. The rating seems fairly accurate just based off of comparing it to a few of my lights. The lens is plastic and there is a particle or two of dust on the underside of the lens. No biggie though. Doesn't affect beam.

The body is aluminum and sturdy enough, but when compared directly to the TK11 the TK11 truly lives up to the "Tank" name. If I took a hammer to the TK11 it would probably keep going. I don't think this light would do as well under extreme abuse. Everything is relative though and this light should be fine unless you purposefully damage it. There is a decent pocket clip on the light too.

You get to the red and blue beams by clicking the light on and off quickly. The order is main white beam, red beam, then blue beam. It seems to reset to the main beam if you turn the light off and wait a few seconds. The red beam throws maybe 10 feet while the blue light seems very diffused and is only good for lighting up things a few feet in front of you in a dark room. No, there is no awesome 3 color strobe.... *sniff*

I'll either throw a spare Eneloop in it after finishing off the AA Duracell it came with or put a Lithium AA in it and use it somewhere as another emergency light.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I think you are right. I was thrown off by the silver board. I have a lot of xp-e lights, but none with the silver xp-e2.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine works great with Eneloops. Based on color testing (Shine it on tomatoes in the garden that aren't quite ripe - wow!) the purplish LEDs are Red and Blue together.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
also looks like a XP-E2 to me.
i like it, especially its price. kind of reminds me of the kroma, but not really. :laughing:

thanks for the heads up.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing the trkr 4aa version doesn't use an xp-e2, since despite its 500 lumen output and much larger head, bushnell only claims 162m for it vs. 105m with this single aa trkr.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I might pick up the 2AA version of this light for something that can be knocked around and not care if it gets damaged.

Taz80

Enlightened
I picked up the 2AA version (TRKR T225L) Its not a bad light for the money. The main beam is floody and is a nice tint. The red is ok alittle lighter than my Eagtac color, and the beam is ok. The blue is washed out, sort of a light purple. It won't tail stand or lock out but the clip is ok.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good example of why I still love the xp-e/2 platform. This little light puts out quite a nice beam for such a small light. And the reflector itself is only a portion of the bezel diameter. If the whole thing was a main reflector this light would be TOO throwy for me. Maybe I'll go ahead and get the newer Fenix E25.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat light. I wouldn't personally have a use for all the voodoo modes, but I'd really like to check one of these out.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
My bet is that it was designed for hunting.

Red light so the animals don't get spooked and you don't lose your vision.

I'm guessing the bluish purple are actually uv for tracking blood and urine. Might not want to shine those in your eyes.

Just looked on Google, not uv, but for the same purpose.

Last edited: