Best all rounder you own.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of us have several lights both for use and perhaps as shelf queens.Imagine you give up all your lights and had to keep just one for all your all round usage.

What would it be?I am hoping new users will gain something from this.

Mine would be Fenix PD35,would love it even more if it had a moonlight mode.

markr6

Flashaholic
I've tried all kinds, and with what I have left I would have to choose my SC600wII L2. Very close to a do-it-all light for me.

I say this with the exception of headlamp tasks. I really keep those in another category and don't like to use headlamps other than on my head.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be hard... Probably my E1B. Add in a F04 beamshaper (diffuser) and it's one heck of a good all around.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure at this point.

I kinda like my modded Xtar WK42 with 3 amp driver and neutral tint XML2 on Noctigon.

On the other hand, I'm in the process of modding an Aleto N8 single-18650 zoomie. Assuming I complete the planned mod successfully, it might be the one to take (side-switch, ramping interface with shortcuts, 6 amps at full power on a fresh cell with 89.5 degree wide flood beam. Plenty of throw in spot mode with dedomed XML2... and the entire 18650 light around 95 mm in length and 24 mm wide).

kj2

Flashaholic
Choose one... Wauw, that's really difficult but I would go for my ArmyTek Predator Pro. Still having enough lumens and throw, but also having a low mode.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that would be the one that's always on my person, and that light would be either HDS Rotary's. Oh, and my T!A as well, as it's on my key ring,

:tinfoil:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't even have to think. My Zebralight original SC600. I've been using it every night at work, and around my house ever since they came out. A great size (fits in my pocket with the included clip) and has plenty of easily accessible levels for any task. A really great, reliable light.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of the lights I own right now? Probably my TK11. Simple, tough, bright. Oh and never out of juice with 18650's. Single 18650 lights are so awesome.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly my brass El Cap seems to spend the most time in my pockets of any of my lights.
brass.JPG

Charles L.

Enlightened
Love my brass El Capitan as well. It might be my favorite light.

But best all-rounder falls to a different light, and is a no-brainer -- another vote for the Zebralight SC600. 0.1 to 1000 lumens, with multiple options in between. And it fits in your pocket.

On second thought, I have another light which in some ways is even better: Nitecore SRT3. Infinitely variable adjustment with the lowest possible moonlight setting up to 550 lumens, and can run on Cr123, RCR123, AA and 14500 batteries. Only reasons I pick the Zebralight over it are runtimes and max output.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Honestly my brass El Cap seems to spend the most time in my pockets of any of my lights....

I was trying to choose among a few different lights here (including the Peak Logan in stainless steel), but I think your calipsoii "Multi-Mode" puts the modded SureFire A2 into the top spot ... :thumbsup:

I find this offers a rare combination of incandescent / LED, and throw / flood, and white (100 CRI) / color options, plus (with the ring mod) programmable variable output :D

Last edited:

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wauw, that's really difficult but I would go for my ArmyTek Predator Pro.
Love mine and indeed it's a "mother of all lights" in ways. But imho it's too big to count as 'allrounder'. :thumbsdow

Have a compact brass 18650 light which I like & use a lot. But still I'd vote for my last purchase, an S15 Baton Ti. Because it's small, tough, has a neutral white LED, nice spread of modes including moonlight, looks gorgeous and is likely to stay that way (titanium). And runs on AA's which are everywhere (in a pinch, AAA possible with adapter). Extendable to 2x AA, rechargeable NiMH's and even lithium 14500 cells possible... that versatility is hard to beat. :)

ElliDee

Newly Enlightened
In my lineup I love my Rayovac Sportsmans 2-AA light. High/Low with forward clicky and excellent run time. Regulated driver. It is the best all rounder I have.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MD2 H/L, because it has enough throw to be useful as a dog walking light, a low enough low mode for indoor tasks and is just about as tough as Chuck Norris.

Charles L.

Enlightened
But still I'd vote for my last purchase, an S15 Baton Ti. Because it's small, tough, has a neutral white LED, nice spread of modes including moonlight, looks gorgeous and is likely to stay that way (titanium). And runs on AA's which are everywhere (in a pinch, AAA possible with adapter). Extendable to 2x AA, rechargeable NiMH's and even lithium 14500 cells possible... that versatility is hard to beat. :)

That is a nice all-rounder for sure.