Is there a how to for gluing trit tubes?

nylaw

Newly Enlightened
I have a C3 and a bezel from Oveready with the tool to remove the stock bezel. I searched around and couldn't find any info on how to glue the tubes. I have the correct Norland and tubes BTW I just need to know the correct procedure. Is the best way to tighten the new bezel really with a sandal bottom? TIA

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never tried gluing trits.

But isn't it just a matter of putting in some Norland, then putting the tube on top and pressing it in, then shining a UV light on it for awhile, then leaving it in the sun for a few days to finish curing?

ffemt6263

Enlightened
If you do a search you should be able to find a tutorial on this subject. I don't really have the time to look for it at the moment and link it which I apologize for but I know it's out there because I used it when I first started setting trits in my lights. It can get a tad complicated with things like bezels that you can't just set down and fill the space with norland (because a bezel isn't flat). Another important thing is to avoid bubbles which basically you do by going very slow a drop at a time from a dropper or syringe. Hope this is a small help. Sorry I don't have time to be more in depth at the moment.

Mike