SureFire E1DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
Was browsing SureFire's website randomly and this little monster showed up, 300 lumens from a single cell? I wonder how the runtime graph will look like...

e1dl_profile_zps4ac3de80.png

e1dl_zps656cc9d1.png

e1dl_tailcap_zps2d8f3d93.png

Here are the specs:
E1DL_Specs_zpsfb7463a9.png

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
As we all know, many users add Z68s to their E1Bs, so I would say the new E1DL is essentially an enhanced E1B, in terms of brightness and grip (knurling instead of flute design on the body).

As for the strike bezel, I personally consider it as a liability rather than an asset, and I doubt the short overall length of this light makes it a really effective striking tool (if we use it the way SureFire originally design for).

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I like it. Can anyone hazard an educated guess regarding what the output curve will look like? Any regulation at all, or an immediate drop off?

How soon until this is available from dealers?

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will sit well as my E2DL Ultra's little brother.

gsr

Enlightened
The 300 lumens just might be enough for me to upgrade from my Z68 equipped E1B. Oh, who are we kidding? I'll buy one.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it! But 300lm from a single CR123 can't be much of flat output I guess, propably pretty fast dropping curve.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see why they would revert to the older discontinued E1E generation body.
I'll believe it when i see it, and I'll take 2 :D

I would love to have one with the older style defender head with a Tana mod!

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see why they would revert to the older discontinued E1E generation body . . .

That body is still around on the E1L-A, albeit without the black HA finish. If SureFire does start making the E1DL, it could well be a "Lego" of existing parts/components from other lights:

• Tailcap - From E2DL Ultra
  • Body - E1E/E1L body (as mentioned)
  • Pocket Clip - From EB1/E1L-A
  • Bezel - From E2DL Ultra (just the aluminum shell)

That only leaves the LED, optic and electronics. It remains to be seen whether it would share these parts with the EB1, possibly leading to changes for the EB1, or go a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts