County Comm Maratac AAA Rev 3

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got it yesterday, and I must say its a bright little sucker. And the diffuser they include is just plain awesome. Pretty floody of course but that's to be expected with such a emitter to reflector size ratio. Now if they just proportionately update the AA version that would be great.

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
I just got the AAA Rev 3 a few days ago. I have had the AAA Rev 1 for a couple of years now, and I loved it. I think I'll like this Rev 3 even more. Here are the differences from my Rev 1, in case anyone is interested:

• The Rev 3 has a longer knurling surface which covers almost the entire length of the head tube, for easier 1-handed operation
• GITD O-ring under the lens
• GITD rubber diffuser
• Redesigned pocket clip, which is tighter around the body and rides just a millimeter or two deeper in a pocket
• Noticeably brighter on high (138 lumens compared to my Rev 1 at 80 lumens)
• Slightly cooler white beam

The 3 slight complaints I have with this Rev 3 are:

• The pocket clip extends just a hair beyond the base of the light, giving it a very slight wobble when tail standing.
• My Rev 1 has a slightly warmer (if a little green) tint, which I prefer to the slightly cooler white of this Rev 3.
• The included rubber diffuser has a very loose fit on the light head - it easily falls off with a light tap. For tail standing, it is sufficient.

Also, another complaint that is not unique to this Rev 3 - as with my Rev 1, it has pretty bad PWM on Medium and Low modes.:sick2:

Other than that, I'm pretty impressed with the Rev 3, and it will serve as my EDC during the warmer seasons where pocket space is limited.

Last edited:

Mgizler

Enlightened
I was waiting for them to come in stock, got impatient and ordered a copper aaa version. Now I do not know if I should buy the new rev3 aaa. Is it worth it? Other than the mid mode, what's better about it than the CU?