Angryfox        
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights You Want Me To Mod

Default Re: Lights You Want Me To Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Tac Gunner View Post
    Ok so now that nitecore has released the EAX, I would love to see it modded. I'm not sure how much more 8 AAs could handle but it would be wicked to have a super AA light
    8 Li Ion 14500s running 3 MTG2s... This is Vihn Nguyen after all...

Did anyone mention the PD35? I'll send you one to look at. It's LED isn't centered well.
    Just the Vihn lights: PD12vn PDTn XPG2, PD32vn PDTn XPG2, PD35vn PDTn XML2, RC15vn PDTn XML2, HC90vn, MM15vn Domes on, extra copper, TK75vn neutral domes on, TK75vn KT, TK61vn PDTn, LD60vn KT, EO5SSvn single mode, X2vnT fully loaded, PD35vn triple XPL, PD22UEvn,

Quote Originally Posted by Joeymt3 View Post
    Did anyone mention the PD35? I'll send you one to look at. It's LED isn't centered well.
    This is the light with the very unique wide filled hot spot right?

Yes.

it's my EDC. Excellent light.
    Just the Vihn lights: PD12vn PDTn XPG2, PD32vn PDTn XPG2, PD35vn PDTn XML2, RC15vn PDTn XML2, HC90vn, MM15vn Domes on, extra copper, TK75vn neutral domes on, TK75vn KT, TK61vn PDTn, LD60vn KT, EO5SSvn single mode, X2vnT fully loaded, PD35vn triple XPL, PD22UEvn,

What could you do to a PD35? A warmer tint would be great. A centered LED would be even better. How about a dedome? The power is satisfactory, but a little more would always be nice.

Joey

What could you do to a PD35? A warmer tint would be great. A centered LED would be even better. How about a dedome? The power is satisfactory, but a little more would always be nice.

Joey
    XML2 PDT is very nice in it.

So you have tried it? Got a pic? Want to do two more?

Vinh if you just took the EAX and made it more durable with a current boost I would be happy. After my EA4 quit I'm leary of the EAX but if you worked your magic I would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tac Gunner View Post
    Vinh if you just took the EAX and made it more durable with a current boost I would be happy. After my EA4 quit I'm leary of the EAX but if you worked your magic I would be all over it.
    I may do a small run of these. Otherwise you can always send me one to mod.

A headlamp of some description, for sure!

I would be happy with either option, thanks

+1 on the PD35. It is already a good light. With the mods it can be a great light.

I'd be interested in a run of the boosted Nitecore EAX as well!

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I may do a small run of these. Otherwise you can always send me one to mod.

Vinh, think you can do anything with the sunwayman F40A? I have one being sent to me for a review. If you think you can do some work to it then I might have to send it your way after I review it.

Hey Sean! Been a while buddy
    Tk75vnkt*TK61vn-Tcr10vn*Tcr2vn-C20cvn*V11Rvn*V25cvn*D40avn-D25cvn*S200cvn*MX25L3vn-Mm15vn-X60vn*K40mvn-Hc90vn-Sd6vn

Quote Originally Posted by livinloud View Post
    Vinh, think you can do anything with the sunwayman F40A? I have one being sent to me for a review. If you think you can do some work to it then I might have to send it your way after I review it.
    I have tried one...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffS View Post
    +1 on the PD35. It is already a good light. With the mods it can be a great light.
    There's another pd35 fan. Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmack View Post
    Hey Sean! Been a while buddy
    Hey Tony, Life is busy as you can imagine. Hope you got some good news about what we last discussed

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I have tried one...
    .......results worth it or keep it stock?

There's another pd35 fan. Anymore?
    I just ordered 10 PD35. Love the beam on this one. NO other light has this beam.

Sweet Vin!!

I'm excited! I'd like to see a modded PD35. Can I send you two more for modification?

Feel like a pin cushion. Test, test, test. No good news, but the important thing is no bad news either. Hopefully I will know soon. It's the not knowing that's the hardest.
    Tk75vnkt*TK61vn-Tcr10vn*Tcr2vn-C20cvn*V11Rvn*V25cvn*D40avn-D25cvn*S200cvn*MX25L3vn-Mm15vn-X60vn*K40mvn-Hc90vn-Sd6vn

Sweet Vin!!

I'm excited! I'd like to see a modded PD35. Can I send you two more for modification?
    course

How bout the blackshadow terminator?
    I ask bc IS has a fantastic deal on them.

Budget hi output?

http://illuminationsupply.com/blacks...l#.U1XtIXnD-aw

You can send me one to mod if you want. I remember messing with one a long time ago and didn't lie it much,

Quote Originally Posted by FMcamaroZ28 View Post
    How bout the blackshadow terminator?
    I ask bc IS has a fantastic deal on them.

Budget hi output?

http://illuminationsupply.com/blacks...l#.U1XtIXnD-aw

F40A results?

Hooray!!! PD-35 Test by Vinh. One of my Top 5 stock lights. (Nitecore SRT7 Revenger is another.)

More broadly, ANY torch appliance which can come closest to a "reverse cone" of light,
    tight (almost indistinguishable) beam spot, no noticeable corona, and with an almost linear taper spill. To avoid aspheric lens, the spill can taper, not ending in a uniform circular border.
    If I got to put my tint preference into that beam, it would be warm.

Thanks for asking and listening, Vinh!
    Last edited by The Burgh; 04-22-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    vinhnguyen54 (K40vn, Z6vn, TX25C2vn, T45Cvn, D25Cvn, M15vn); Mtn Electronics (Supfire M6, Convoy S3), Niwalker Vostro BK-FA02; Olight M22; Fenix PD35; Nitecore SRT7;XinTD C8-V4; Convoy C8; TrustFire TR-3T6; Convoy S4; Spark SF5; Xtar WK41 Sirius; Eagle Eye X2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burgh View Post
    Hooray!!! PD-35 Test by Vinh. One of my Top 5 stock lights. (Nitecore SRT7 Revenger is another.)

More broadly, ANY torch appliance which can come closest to a "reverse cone" of light,
    tight (almost indistinguishable) beam spot, no noticeable corona, and with an almost linear taper spill. To avoid aspheric lens, the spill can taper, not ending in a uniform circular border.
    If I got to put my tint preference into that beam, it would be warm.

Thanks for asking and listening, Vinh!
    I just finished the PD12vn and it has the identical beam. Very Very unique!

Better yet the Fenix stock beam has a slight donut hole. Mine is completely filled! PD12vn and PD35vn will be posted once I finished all my tests :-)

I have a PD35 just waiting for you Vinh.
    I Have Been Vinhdomized!!! TK61vn, K40vn, TN31vn, S6330vn, X10vn, X3vn, TK75vn, X60vn.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead69 View Post
    I have a PD35 just waiting for you Vinh.
    Get a PD12vn too! Makes a great pair!

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast