modify olight m20 s tailcap question.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, i am thinking of putting a different LED and single mode highly driven driver in the head of my olight M20s. I am wondering if the tailcap could handle the current draw compared to its usual 1.5amps, if the tailcap would still work with its modes ?
essentially if you remove the tailcap on one of these its a single mode light, so the tail controls everything using PWM .
any ideas guys ?

ven

Flashaholic
I cant tell you how to do it,but vinh did the one i own,it is single mode with a nichia219.(maybe a pm)
The side mode button does not work,just momentary clicky,on/off..........love it

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant tell you how to do it,but vinh did the one i own,it is single mode with a nichia219.(maybe a pm)
The side mode button does not work,just momentary clicky,on/off..........love it

thanks, hoping to keep the modes. just upgrade the head end.... I Love the M20 platform !

ven

Flashaholic
thanks, hoping to keep the modes. just upgrade the head end.... I Love the M20 platform !

Vinh should be your man if no one can answer,yes i love the m20,so solid,such a nice feel in the hand,very nicely made and the nichia219 vinh put in complements it very well..........fantastic:twothumbs

I do love the simplicity sometimes of single mode or even the x3vn with a hi/low,refreshing just to turn on and know 100% its what it is.Not sure on the lumens as never asked,but its about spot on,bright enough for most uses,not too bright to wash out colours closer up.

Good luck with advise;)