Let the genius flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

notos&w

Enlightened
I've got an extra AAA head that i bought on ebay. right now it is on the butt end of a mag solitaire. since mags suck and there is extra length involved, im looking for some creative, non-destructive ideas for things to do with this head.
let your juices flow. if i have the ability and machinery, i might even make some of them a reality.
I do not want to destroy or permanently alter the head as i plan to keep it as a backup in case one of my other AAA's breaks (yeah right).

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
-Build a "C" cell tube for it.
-Build a "D" cell tube for it.
-Build a "AA" cell tube for it.
-Build a "AAAA" cell tube for it.

Note that all of the above have been done already.

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
I always thought that a tiny anglehead AAA would look cool. You could clip it to a pocket and have a forward pointing light.

Also, I would like to see a "N" Arc. That would be a nice small light but probably just a novelty item as I imagine the run time would be rather short.

Chris

kermit

Newly Enlightened
An 'N' Arc would be a great idea! The Nanomate drives a 1W luxeon off of an 'N' cell with a runtime to 50% brightness of around 30 min (I think). You should get decent runtimes from an Arc AAA head powered by an N cell provided you use it intermitantly as a keychain light.

Running an Arc AAA head with a 1W mod off an N cell would be pretty sweet too. Does anyone know if the Arc AAA body can be bored out to accept two N cells or cut and bored to accept one N cell?

kermit

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
n arc has been done also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i've wondered about using the 1/2aaa and 1/3aaa rechargable nihms...

if i had one i'd be tempted to cut my arc body down...luckily i don't have one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.