I have an Insight M3, need a module.

Kevin232

Newly Enlightened
My 6yo son lost the front cap (bezel), lens, reflector, and lamp module from my Insight 3 tactical rail mount light. I need to know if anyone knows where I can get parts top replace these and if an LED module is available as opposed to the incan version. Thanks!

Kev

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 6yo son lost the front cap (bezel), lens, reflector, and lamp module from my Insight 3 tactical rail mount light. I need to know if anyone knows where I can get parts top replace these and if an LED module is available as opposed to the incan version. Thanks!

Kev

Hey Kev,

There is or was an LED module specifically made to fit the Insight M3, but I think it relied on having the stock bezel, lens and reflector. I'd see about contacting Insight first to see if they can hook you up.

Kevin232

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I'll look for one and contact them. I did find a replacement lens, bezel, and reflector available so will get that. Even if I need to get a new incandescent module I will.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, Insight does (did?) make an LED upgrade for the Insight (now Streamlight) M6/M3 series weapon light. BIG difference in output and run time. It will transform your light. It may be discontinued but it can be found in various stores if you search around.

The kit comes with an LED assembly that replaces your incan bulb and a new bezel that has a reflector in it optimized for the LED. You won't need your old bezel after the upgrade.

It's around $55. I think it if officially called the M3/M6 LED Retrofit Kit.

Last edited:

dbtman5000

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any places that they know of that still has the upgrade kit? Can't find it anywhere.

Is there anyone else that can do a similar type upgrade?

H-nu

Enlightened
Speaking of Insight, does anyone know where I can find an LED bulb assembly for the PEQ16? I have an LED module for the M6 but the bulb sits too low in the PEQ16 reflector. I wonder if they maybe didn't include the replacement head for the M6?

Thanks in advance!

dbtman5000

Newly Enlightened
Are you interested in selling the M6 module that you have?

Speaking of Insight, does anyone know where I can find an LED bulb assembly for the PEQ16? I have an LED module for the M6 but the bulb sits too low in the PEQ16 reflector. I wonder if they maybe didn't include the replacement head for the M6?

Thanks in advance!