Maglite C-cell

UVLaser

Enlightened
I heard that you can change the normal bulb to a brighter bulb. I am not looking for Luxeon mods.
Any links?
Thanks!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just switch from the stock Mag krypton bulb to the Mag Xenon bulb. It's cheap, and makes it brighter and whiter. Also, depending on what size Mag you have, try using a bulb designed for 1 cell fewer than the Mag you have (overdrive it). The bulb life will be shorter, but it's cheap and effective. If you have a 2-cell, however, I'm not sure what type/voltage bulb to use. A 3-cell using a 2-cell bulb may pop the bulb, but it's worth a try. Overdriving works better with the bigger (more batteries) Mags. I've used a 3-cell bulb in a 4-cell Mag, and it's pretty bright. Good luck.

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
The first time i put a 3-cell halogen bulb in my 4cell mag, i was really impressed with the increase in brightness and whiter light, but the bulb only lasted me several months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i'm still on the hunt for the xenon mag bulbs.. no one seems to stock them here. hopefully, they will be brighter than the halogen bulb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

try it, you wont be dissapointed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a side note, on the back of Radio Shack bulbs(KPRxxx), they have a average life of only 15 hours...