Surefire M2

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm knew to this site, but it is great for a new "junkie". I just bought the M2. Thanks for all the info on everything. I also got the KL3 for it. It just is taking a long time to arrive.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
jdriller , welcome! The M2 is my favorite. The clikies are way cool! Maybe you want one?

nihraguk

Enlightened
if you were going to use the KL3 with it full time you should have just gotten a C2 instead
smile.gif
the P61 is very bright though.

nihraguk

Enlightened
crpydy: its a clicking switch, which functions similar to a maglite's switch by allowing you to select constant on by clicking it. surefire's default switch is a momentary switch, which you have to twist for constant on
smile.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
crpydy ,for the M2 there are currently Z48 and SW02 charlie tailcap. The latter is intended for weaponlights. For a normal tailcap, you twist it to get a constant on mode, but with a clickie tailcap you slighly press the switch button you get moment on and press harder till it clicks and you get the constant on mode.

Here are pix of SW01 (Non-Clickie) by itself.
SW02 (Clickie) on the M2:
SF01.JPG

SW02 (Clickie):
sf-m2-knife.jpg

Z48
z48_full.jpg

[Edited by Size15s, Administrator]

Size15's

Flashaholic
Notice that I've edited the post above...

The SW01 Pressure switch on it's own in the top photo does not have a shroud. The M2 in the top photo has the SW02 Clickie. As has the M2 in the middle photo.
The bottom photo is of the Z48 Clickie.

Respectfully,

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have them on some SureFires (M2, M3, M3T and M4)
However, I tend to play with the clickies more than need to use them.

I think perhaps on the M4 for my applications Clickies get the most use. I've reverted to standard TailCaps on the M2 and M3T though.

Al

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Yeah it's a personal preference as long as you get fun. Like Al I play with them more. Very cool!
However I do think for KLx the clickie's more
useful.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a clickie for my M2 and decided I like it better without. On the other hand, I think I would really like a clickie for my E1 + KL1.

-john

SUREFARC

Enlightened
"I think I would really like a clickie for my E1 + KL1."
Second that. I'll sure get a Z57.