Tiny Atom Al for appraisal.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fancy buying one of those tiny Fourseven Atom AL key chain lights basically as i love AA/AAA size lights and keep the odd one or several CR123 lights in my stash.

The only thing that puts me off is the magnet,thought it was good handy idea at first but when i read on another site about the owners keys sticking to the magnet it put me off a little.

How say owners here?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine all the time. Stick it to pipes. electrical boxes, nails, car frame. I believe the many uses out number any cons out their. Sticking to car keys is pretty minor in my opinion. Get one - you won't be sorry.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I have an A0 with red LED on my keychain now. The.magnet has not been an issue for me. I just have to remember not to carry a USB drive in the same pocket.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have an Xtar keychain light with magnet, and its very handy, and I have never had an issue with keys, etc.

The magnets are typically removable if you do find there's an issue, so its not a big problem either way. I have a few with magnets, but of them, the Xtar (Meteor) is the only one I use that way.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I also find the magnet very useful. Yes there are a few occasions where the magnet sticks to something like keys, but it isn't that strong and is easily freed. I think the usefulness of the magnet outweighs the times when it is stuck to something unintentionally.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an A0 with red LED on my keychain now. The.magnet has not been an issue for me. I just have to remember not to carry a USB drive in the same pocket.

A magnet will not cause any problems to your USB drive.

Nor will it even cause problems with an external hard drive. I've since lost the photo, but once to settle this argument when discussing the Olight S10 which also has a magnet in the tail, I stuck it to an external hard drive that my Mac was booted from and ran it for 10 mins with no issues caused. At 5400RPM, the platter ran under the magnet more times than it might jiggle against a magnet in your bag or pocket in a year.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Just take it to your local de-magnetising store :nana:

:stupid::aaa:sorry :twothumbs;)

Oh my... ven you are too funny!

@mcnair55,

I managed to demagnetize a few neodymium magnets trying to solder wires to them with an electric soldering iron, to make magnetic jumper wires, Similar to cottonpickers.

Etsu

Enlightened
It won't stick to brass keys, which are the most common. If you've got cheapo steel keys, then it will stick to them.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
USB drives should not be harmed by magnets since they don't use any magnetic storage. Unlike credit cards and traditional floppies and tapes.

Etsu

Enlightened
USB drives should not be harmed by magnets since they don't use any magnetic storage. Unlike credit cards and traditional floppies and tapes.

Mine doesn't hurt my credit cards. Maybe if I stuck it right against the stripe and left it there it would wreck it, but in a wallet no way. Besides, most credit cards are chipped now, and the stripe is just for old terminals.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Mine doesn't hurt my credit cards. Maybe if I stuck it right against the stripe and left it there it would wreck it, but in a wallet no way. Besides, most credit cards are chipped now, and the stripe is just for old terminals.
I never meant to imply that it would cause critical damage, but credit cards generally do still have magnetic storage. ;)