Surefire e2d ultra holster/sheath/carrier recommendation?

nycjosh

Newly Enlightened
Title says it all, looking for some recommendations on cases for the e2d ultra light. Have seen a few, but nothing really jumped out at me.

thanks

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire recommends the V91 holster for the E2DL Ultra (shown below with an EB2 Backup).

FlashlightGuide_0421.jpg

The Ultra fits inside the holster fine but the crenelated tailcap can hang when inserting the light into the holster and the 2-way pocket clip can snag when withdrawing the light from the holster. I pocket carry mine but if I were going to use this holster, I believe I would remove the pocket clip or replace it with one of the older bezel up clips (like on earlier E2D Defenders).

I think a leather or Kydex bezel down holster would work great but I haven't seen one specifically for the E2D LED Defender Ultra.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Blade-Tech makes a Kydex light pouch for the 200 lumen E2DL, and this is how I used to carry my E2DL. If the head of the E2DL Ultra has the same dimensions and profile (I do not know if this is the case), then it should fit.

Comp-Tac also makes my favorite Kydex light pouch, but last time I checked, they only offered one for the incandescent E2D, not the E2DL.

Custom Carry Concepts makes a light pouch that is ordered by interior diameter rather than specific light makes/models. I am using one to carry my Klarus XT2C as I type this. You would likely have to order a custom inside diameter.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blade-Tech makes a Kydex light pouch for the 200 lumen E2DL, and this is how I used to carry my E2DL. If the head of the E2DL Ultra has the same dimensions and profile (I do not know if this is the case), then it should fit.

Comp-Tac also makes my favorite Kydex light pouch, but last time I checked, they only offered one for the incandescent E2D, not the E2DL.

Custom Carry Concepts makes a light pouch that is ordered by interior diameter rather than specific light makes/models. I am using one to carry my Klarus XT2C as I type this. You would likely have to order a custom inside diameter.

The E2DL and E2DL Ultra heads are different in diameter (1.00" vs 1.125") and profile. That aside, thanks for mentioning those holsters, I may need to check some of them out :twothumbs

nycjosh

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to post pics of the one I end up getting