Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore EAX now on Nitecore's website

lBx7D2f.png
dGLHcof.png

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Sure seems like a LONG time coming. Finally looks like it will be available soon (or now?) Nice to have a LOW low too!

holygeez03

Enlightened
The street price right now appears to be about $150.

I'll wait for the price to come down and a neutral tint offering...

ven

Flashaholic
The street price right now appears to be about $150.

I'll wait for the price to come down and a neutral tint offering...

:thinking: i am not saying its not worth it as i dont have one to say,however i think its on the high side tbh. I was expecting around the $110-$120

Enlightened
Obviously there is a stepdown on turbo but the mode spacing looks pretty good.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see a proper decent low,ideal for doing some night time marshalling on road rallies,last thing you want when you are stuck in some god for saken lane in the middle of no where is a low that is to high as it attracts all and sundry objects in the flying department.

Would be even better if it went down to about 60 lumens as well.

Ruislip

Newly Enlightened
On Nitecore UK it is £129.95, but out of stock. That's about $190 ? At the moment I want one, so I'm willing to pay, just need to find a UK outlet.

Capolini

Banned
We all have different preferences!! Just the fact that it has Eight(8) AA batteries is a turn off for me. I have the EA4 which takes 4AA. I use XX Eneloops and the parasitic drain seems to be more than parasitic!! Its run time sucks!! I do not know if this will be the same,makes no difference as I love 18650 which all of my high powered torches take! ;)

markr6

Flashaholic
We all have different preferences!! Just the fact that it has Eight(8) AA batteries is a turn off for me. I have the EA4 which takes 4AA. I use XX Eneloops and the parasitic drain seems to be more than parasitic!! Its run time sucks!! I do not know if this will be the same,makes no difference as I love 18650 which all of my high powered torches take! ;)

That's where I'm at. I like the EA4 in general, but hate having to unlock and lock it out every time I use it...so I basically don't use it anymore :rolleyes:

Capolini

Banned
That's where I'm at. I like the EA4 in general, but hate having to unlock and lock it out every time I use it...so I basically don't use it anymore :rolleyes:

I lock it out after charging,use it 5 or 6 days later and the blue light blinks after 2 X 3MIN. runs on turbo!:shakehead

ven

Flashaholic
I do like my ea4 and ea8 a lot.............just dont use them..........oh hang on:thinking: thats not right :laughing:

They are nice lights,like the ea4 compact size but for robertos 2hr walking session with capo its not the best light,make a good glove box light,just top off cells every couple of month.ea8 is more floody and a better beam imo,just BIG in comparison so not as carry friendly.........

Reg the lock out(when i did use it a little) i find the new design ea4 button a little tricky on the touch,compared to the ea8 button that works pretty much as you want it(you know those 1/2 press mode selects that on new button ea4s can be a little tricky to perfect due to the more firmer material used)

I do like the eax,but not £129 like it,if closer to £80 or £90(sure be able to get for that imported) it becomes a little more attractive for peeps who may prefer nimhs over li ions.

If i sold my ea8(which i would do if i wanted an eax) then i could justify it,right now i am not bothered...........(personal opinion)

ven

Flashaholic
I lock it out after charging,use it 5 or 6 days later and the blue light blinks after 2 X 3MIN. runs on turbo!:shakehead

I left mine with eneloops in for around 2 months locked out on button.Slapped them on charge and started on 2 blocks 3rd flashing (out of 4 for fully charged) so over 50% left.Defo a drain,not as bad as yours though.When you say blinks,iirc it does blink when on anyway,or is it a fast blink?

Capolini

Banned
I left mine with eneloops in for around 2 months locked out on button.Slapped them on charge and started on 2 blocks 3rd flashing (out of 4 for fully charged) so over 50% left.Defo a drain,not as bad as yours though.When you say blinks,iirc it does blink when on anyway,or is it a fast blink?

It blinks every few seconds when it is at half capacity for that mode.Blinks rapidly when it is very weak.

ven

Flashaholic
I love my EA4, no problem with drain and it gets used daily. My next three lights will be the EA8, EAX, and a TK45

I would possibly skip the ea8(great light,nothing wrong with it) just the eax out does it, so the ea8 may not end up being used as i find you tend to have your fav lights,or "go to lights" just a thought unless obv you really want it;)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I kind of thought that too and its still up in the air. If I get one I may have it modded with a dedomed mt-g2. Saw that done on that "other" forum and I like the thought of an mt-g2 AA light.