Olight i3 EOS.....beam isn't round.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
I heard nothing but good stuff about this light so I ordered one, and saw the outter beam is not round but looks like a square with somewhat round edges. So send back this one and got another one, same thing. Called olight and they sent me one and same thing. Is anybody's else's like this?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard nothing but good stuff about this light so I ordered one, and saw the outter beam is not round but looks like a square with somewhat round edges. So send back this one and got another one, same thing. Called olight and they sent me one and same thing. Is anybody's else's like this?

Mine is pretty round. You've had three now that aren't and that's pretty weird.

Can you take a picture of your beam and post it?

Chris

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Mine is pretty round. You've had three now that aren't and that's pretty weird.

Can you take a picture of your beam and post it?

Chris
Chris, I tried to but its hard. I try again Thursday.
Thanks chris.
-chris

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How far away from the wall are you holding the light when you see a square? Did you get the i3s, or the i3?

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
That's strange. I just looked at mine and it's (for the most part) pretty round. Is it affecting the light in any way during actual use?

N_N_R

Enlightened
Mine's also round... and the previous one I had was good, too. I have a third one on the way, we'll see what will come.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How far away from the wall are you holding the light when you see a square? Did you get the i3s, or the i3?

Yeah I got the i3s. And maybe 2 feet away.

You should have the XP-G2 LED in your light. The reason why I asked how far away from the wall you were is because when I hold mine very close, 6 inches or less, I can see a square LED light on the wall. But if I hold it about 3 feet away, I get a round ring of light on the wall. I wouldn't fret over the beam. It is a key-chain light for emergency use. :thumbsup:

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
The reason why I asked how far away from the wall you were is because when I hold mine very close, 6 inches or less, I can see a square LED light on the wall.
I think Tooly means that the beam itself is sort of squarish, not that you're able to see the die at a super close range. The LED could just be off center. In any case, I agree about not worrying if it's actually still producing light, since it's meant for your keys anyhow.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Tooly means that the beam itself is sort of squarish, not that you're able to see the die at a super close range. The LED could just be off center. In any case, I agree about not worrying if it's actually still producing light, since it's meant for your keys anyhow.

If it as bad as he thinks,he needs to send it back for a refund and buy something else.Just because it can be used as a key chain light is no excuse for a badly built product.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Ok...tried it around 3 feet at least, still the same. Oh well...my luck.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
If it as bad as he thinks,he needs to send it back for a refund and buy something else.Just because it can be used as a key chain light is no excuse for a badly built product.
Thanks. And that goes for everybody else.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible for you to post a photo or beam shot of what you are describing? I was only trying to help.