L4 head on 1 123

N710

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have any clue how long the Surefire head will run on just one 3 volt 123 and if it will damage the diode?

Stuck my L4 head on my E1e the other night and it doesent seem to loose any brightness.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

The TW4 is no longer - SureFire asked me to stop selling it, but we have the L4 - E1e combo package available so you can build your own! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

N710

Newly Enlightened
Wow, checked out some of the links on this subject.
You people are awesome,thanks for the info again!

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TACTICAL WAREHOUSE said:
The TW4 is no longer - SureFire asked me to stop selling it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder why Surefire would do that.

grnamin

Enlightened
You can still get an E1e from Dan (sell the head, lamp assembly and LOTC if you want), have someone like Don (McGizmo) mod your KL4 (if you don't want to DIY) with a TWAK Luxeon III and BB600 to run on just 1x123. It has better throw than an L4 with the 2x123 combo. Wow! A few months ago I wouldn't have understood what I just wrote here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that's a good deal, the twisty body and the KL1 head for less then $60. Should satisfy the Arc fans who miss the twisty. However, are the Surefire KL1 heads still blue as blazes?

Tombeis

Enlightened
The KL-1 is still a bit blue, but when you get used to it's daylight like color, you realize that it is a very useful light.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd like to know whether that twisty is smaller than an E1e. How does it look proportionately?

DumboRAT

Enlightened
paulr and Tombeis,

Paul, no, the Vitalgear 1x123 twistie isn't all that much smaller than the E1e body, it ends about half-way through where the knurling would be on the LOTC on the E1e body.

Tom, I've had very weird experiences with my KL1s, it seems that SF reallly puts us through the lottery on this. One of mine is very nice and white, another quite blue, and yet another, very much "**** green." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concerning the length of the Vitalgear 1x123 twistie -- it appears that it could be shortened. A lot of material could be taken off with a hacksaw. The end could then be highly polished or covered with glow sheeting. I wonder if anyone has tried this and has some tips for doing it well.

Paul