My First Flashlight

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When I was a little tyke, I once got a flashlight for Christmas. I think it was a stocking stuffer or something like that. It was a little toy plastic flashlight with a four-color lens. I remember that I was so fascinated by this and thinking, "wow, a four-color flashlight... life just doesn't get any better than this!"

That was a particularly unique-looking flashlight and I've always remembered it and how cool I thought it was.

Fast-forward to the present: I was grocery shopping recently when I walked through the aisle where they had some small children's toys, and I suddenly stopped in my tracks: there it was, that same four-color flashlight, the one I remembered from my childhood. It looked exactly the same as I'd remembered it! So maybe someday, somewhere out there on Christmas morning, another kid will be thinking "wow... a four-color flashlight!"

Merry Christmas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I got one of my grandsons a Dorcy 2AA 1LED with some colored beam covers for just that reason. That and the fact that he has a 3D flashlight that he even sleeps with and I thought the LED might save my son from having to buy so many batteries.

Merry Christmas to all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
I got one of my grandsons a Dorcy 2AA 1LED with some colored beam covers for just that reason. That and the fact that he has a 3D flashlight that he even sleeps with and I thought the LED might save my son from having to buy so many batteries.

Merry Christmas to all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool... sounds like another flashaholic in the works! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I remember falling asleep with my first transistor radio one Christmas evening. I was generally enamored of technology, even as a small child... flashlights, radios, things that made light, sound or both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I remember connecting a 9V battery to a blue cool bright C7 1/2 Christmas bulb in my room, and marvelling at that feeble, dim glow given off by the light bulb. I was probably 8 or 9 at the time.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
I remember connecting a 9V battery to a blue cool bright C7 1/2 Christmas bulb in my room, and marvelling at that feeble, dim glow given off by the light bulb. I was probably 8 or 9 at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha! I remember doing the same thing around the same age. I also remember connecting a couple of those large cylindrical 1.5 volt batteries in series (the ones that are almost the size of a Pringles can) to see whether I could coax a glow out of various bulbs. And we had a couple of those old 16-volt series Christmas light sets, and I remember getting those bulbs to light up fairly brightly with a 9-volt battery. Playing with Christmas light sets was lots of fun!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif