• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Who can mod my Jetbeam Jet-TiM R2?

adept1

Newly Enlightened
I love this light. To me it's got just the right amount of bling without being gaudy, but it could do with an LE upgrade. Would love to put an XML2 in it, or would an MT-G2 be possible?

By the way, it's the Ti version of the Jet-III M, and it's currently got the stock R2 LED in it.

Let me know what can be done. Post here or PM me.

Thanks,
adept1

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Yeah, Vinh's your man for this.

:D

Probably XML2 if looking for a fatter beam, and XPG2 if going for stronger throw....the MTG2 takes a lot of juice/driver work, and your host might be a tough route.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to mention the size of the mtg2 in relation to the reflector will kill any hopes of throw

Chrisdm

Enlightened
After led/driver upgrade, will you still be able to change modes by twisting the head?

Conte

Enlightened
The funny thing about the XML2 is that if you just upgrade the LED while keeping the same driver, the efficiency gains alone would probably boost the output considerably. So if you kept the same driver you'd maintain the same functionality.

I just upgraded a light that had a Lux K2. Dropped in an XML2 and the difference was so profound I probably won't bother changing the driver. This light probably wouldn't handle the heat of full drive anyway.