It shakes my nerves and rattles my brain...

MostMenAreRuthless

Newly Enlightened
Well, it rattles my battery tube that is...

After reading some highly enthusiastic reviews on the Peak Eiger, I pulled the trigger and ordered one direct from Peak. Cool little light, I like the ramping, the tint, and the beam.

However,

I am quite disappointed with the copious amount of battery rattle and the less-than-flush tail (poor tail standing.)

Am I alone? Or, do you have similar experiences with your Eiger?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Energizer lithium primary battery does not rattle inside the stainless steel Eiger unless I loosen the head more than is reasonable. It is a non-QTC version Eiger, i.e., the original style Eiger.

You can write your name and address on a small piece of paper and wrap it around the battery if the rattle is troublesome.

You might post Eiger questions in the Peak sub forum to elicit more responses: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?64-Peak-LED-Solutions

eiger8ss.jpg

Last edited:

MostMenAreRuthless

Newly Enlightened
An Energizer lithium primary battery does not rattle inside the stainless steel Eiger unless I loosen the head more than is reasonable. It is a non-QTC version Eiger, i.e., the original style Eiger.

You can write your name and address on a small piece of paper and wrap it around the battery if the rattle is troublesome.

You might post Eiger questions in the Peak sub forum to elicit more responses: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?64-Peak-LED-Solutions

eiger8ss.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the heads up on the Peak forum--I am new here and still learning my way around. I will get some Energizer lithiums as well as try the paper trick.

The Eiger truly is a wonderful light and in no way am I regretting or disappointed with the purchase.

MostMenAreRuthless

Newly Enlightened
I tried the paper trick and it eliminated 90% of the rattle! Sweet! There is a small plastic disc at the bottom of the tube that has some side-to-side movement causing a tiny bit of rattle, but it is all good!

Also, the CS at Peak is phenomenal!

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
i have 3 qtc's (1 heavy weight ss flat bottom & 2 light weight aluminums with key lug bottoms) & have only ever used L92's. i just checked & none of mine rattle. i did not perform batteryless rattle test. as mentioned, over twist to off or it will come back on. you'll figure that out.

so far the alum lug version is the only keychain aaa still in use. i have one on each keychain. i have not found a substitute yet, tried many but the search continues for the sport of the hunt.

Last edited:

BriteLite2

Enlightened
less than flush tail?

did you buy a key lug model? if so that style wasnt meant to tailstand. its rounded. you need to get a pocket body. Its flat on the bottom. they shave off the lug from a keychain model. I am trying to get one myself :)

no battery rattle here either. I always use lithium primaries in my EDC light.