Fenix LD01 pocket clip woes

Dry-cell

Enlightened
I received my Fenix LD01 today, I really like it but I'm not crazy about the pocket clip. When I put the thing on I could noticed some marking up of the finish underneath; when you use the flashlight one handed, the clip tends to slid around a bit. I'm afraid to take off the clip now and see what damage lies beneath. My Fenix L20's have a grove for the pocket clip so it sits inside there nicely, but on the LD01 it's a hexagonal shape and the pocket clip is round. Does the clip need to be even closer to the lanyard holes where it's rounded?.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Well I took the clip off, it wasn't easy; it marked up the finish here and there. I have the Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish, not the SS version. I'm a little disappointed that I scuffed the light up on the very first day using it. I find it difficult to switch between output modes, without a pocket clip on there, unless I'm using two hands. Also, with no pocket clip on there, this sucker likes to roll. :laughing:
On the Fenix site it shows the LD01 with the pocket clip, it's situated a little higher up than where I had it. The instructions sheet that you get with the light doesn't show where to place the clip.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
The clip on min sits at the very end and is very secure.
It can just tailstand without the clip being in the way.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
It depends on how you turn the clip.
The way my clip is it gets in the way for one of the holes but the other is free.
Also the little notch is free.

For me it doesn't matter since I only use the clip and don't have any split ring attached

I have also grinded off the protruding part where the clip goes around the light.

Edit: Got some quick pics to add.

IMG_3691_zpse76306e3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3694_zpsd25d6598.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3695_zpsca7b2569.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Alright, thanks man; I've got my clip back on now. I might add the small split ring also, just so it keeps the clip from coming off when I clip it on to something. When I want the light to act as a candle, I'll just tuck the split ring into the groove at the tail end so it's not protruding and making it wobbly.

Edit: I'll definitely be getting myself another Fenix LD01 down the road, I just love this thing. My Klarus ST10 is going to be jealous, because I use this one more. :grin2:

Last edited: