Maxpedition Sheath for Nitecore EA4?

Underworld_Magic

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Im the new owner of a Nitecore EA4, tested it last night and as really impressed.

As I work in law enforcement I would like to have a good sheath/pouch on my belt, and im not too impressed with the nitecore one you get with it - in the past, and currently im using Maxpedition pouches which are built like theyll last for life, so was looking around for a pouch which is sizeable enough for the EA4 to fit inside.

Any suggestions? Id be open to other manufacturer suggestions too of pouches.

beezwaxx

Newly Enlightened
I have the Maxpedition sheath for my Malkoff, great build quality, seems super duty. I say go for it.

Underworld_Magic

Newly Enlightened
https://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/4-Flashlight-Sheath-139p195.htm

This is the model I have, the 4 inch flashlight holder. They make a 5 inch, and a slightly smaller sheath that has velcro straps for attaching to a belt vertically.

After looking at the Nitecore EA4 on their website, it doesn't look like the sheath I have will work. I'm not sure if anything they make will fit something that fat.

Thanks, I searched around the maxpedition site and don't think they have anything suitable for the EA4 , The have a nice universal flashlight/baton holder, but thats for flashlights which have a large bezel, the EA4 would just slip out the bottom and fall.

Looks like i'll have to stick with the holder which came with the flashlight

Thanks for looking

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a VISM First Responders Utility Bag, and one of the things it came with was a Rifle Magazine pouch that is just the right size for my EA4. It is probably a little deeper than I would like, but I put the EA4 in bottom first and let the end of the lanyard hang out over the edge at the top. Comes right out, but is held securely. I doubt that if I would turn the bag upside down and shake it that the EA4 would come out. I would guess that Maxpedition should have similar ones. The one drawback would be that the pouch attaches with PALS and does not have a belt loop per se. Mine has two PALS straps that snap at the bottom, so I guess they kinda make a belt loop.

If you are in doubt, find an Army surplus store and look over their selections. That is where I found a really nice pouch for my G2. The ones I have been in all had a LEO section.

Underworld_Magic

Newly Enlightened
I have a VISM First Responders Utility Bag, and one of the things it came with was a Rifle Magazine pouch that is just the right size for my EA4. It is probably a little deeper than I would like, but I put the EA4 in bottom first and let the end of the lanyard hang out over the edge at the top. Comes right out, but is held securely. I doubt that if I would turn the bag upside down and shake it that the EA4 would come out. I would guess that Maxpedition should have similar ones. The one drawback would be that the pouch attaches with PALS and does not have a belt loop per se. Mine has two PALS straps that snap at the bottom, so I guess they kinda make a belt loop.

If you are in doubt, find an Army surplus store and look over their selections. That is where I found a really nice pouch for my G2. The ones I have been in all had a LEO section.

Thanks for your suggestions mate - really appreciate it, I'll make my way to a Army surplus store; that'll be the best way - internet is not always nest for these things.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
You may also want to look at some of the Nite Ise holsters and cases.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
I just put my D40A(which is about the size of your E4A) in the holster and it fits pretty snug.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
That's the one, and you wont have to worry about it slipping thru. It is also fairly inexpensive.