£100 or $168 to spend!!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again i hope this will help the new guys out there,following on from two other threads about lights you own etc a twist but the rules again are simple.

You have £100 or the USA equivalent at today's exchange rate of $168 approx to spend.What light would you treat yourself to.As long as you do not go over the amount you can choose more than one light.

I am struggling between two so bending my own rules.

Either the Eagletac GX25A3 or a D25A Clicky in Titanium, both well under budget.

ven

Flashaholic
Well i dont own an GX25A3 but i do a d25a ti...........so guess thats what i would pick .

For me,i guess its use,as an edc the d25a as smaller,compact and easier to carry on ones person.
The ti is a special light,looks nice,is nice,choice of AA or 14500 if you wanted that but more power.

So really for me i need to know what you intend to do with it,if its a camping light,out door activity then the GX i would say is better,for a special edc the d25a.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i dont own an GX25A3 but i do a d25a ti...........so guess thats what i would pick .

For me,i guess its use,as an edc the d25a as smaller,compact and easier to carry on ones person.
The ti is a special light,looks nice,is nice,choice of AA or 14500 if you wanted that but more power.

So really for me i need to know what you intend to do with it,if its a camping light,out door activity then the GX i would say is better,for a special edc the d25a.

Mr Ven

The choice is freely yours to spend the £100 how you please and what ever you want to do with the light.

Craig K

Enlightened
I would have to say the new Surefire E1DL that is if you can get it for $168.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if it will cost more than $168 but I'll go with MBI Torpedo.

Does shipping costs count? The cheapest Fenix TK75 goes for $176.25 on Ebay just missing it by $8.25 and one that separates base price from shipping is going for $168.25 so a deal on Ebay to meet your spending criteria might be available for the Fenix75 dreamers.

ven

Flashaholic
You can scrape a tk75 as said and i think its worth just a few £ more and imho not much can compete for the money for overall performance........but i have one in vn flavour so.........if you dont have one i would consider that too.

Now as i have almost all the lights i want "almost" makes it difficult as some i may have may suit you, but i would not buy again :laughing::thinking:

I would look at thrunites tn lights,tn35 offers a good balance and carefully shopped is not far from budget.
After that i would be looking at some of the new lights coming out from armytec and fenix(tk32 for example) and olight(not sure if falcon is coming out or not but that has my interest)
The sr52 looks excellent ,because this is due out some sellers(BG) have the sr51 for £40.................awesome value imho
So there are a few,which i would pick over the mentioned i cant answer in truth after the tk75 and tn35

ven

Flashaholic
Right mr mcnair,scrap my above:laughing:

Put 191139072466 in ebay and there is my answer........it will go up in value probably ;)

scout24

Flashaholic
Either a Malkoff MD2 Hi/low with an M61, or a SF 6p with an M361 three speed dropin and a McClicky switch. Good thread! :)

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the shipping and import duties aren't included then I would have a Malkoff Neutral Hound Dog XM-L with the MD4 body.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it is the shipping and import duties that kill the deal for a lot of good lights (e.g. Malkoff). I did buy a set of Maratac copper lights (AAA, AA and CR123) and had them sent directly to Vinh for modding. Vinh shipped them to me in Switzerland at a reasonable cost. 3 of my favorite lights.

Another good option is Oveready. A bored 6P or a Peak Eiger or Logan. I recently got a Peak Logan 123 with an XP-G2 CW mule head, momentary switch and no QTC as a CR123 battery vampire. Reasonable shipping and declared value.

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
Do you want
a thower (Predator)
more flood (PD32UE)
pocket edc (Eagletac D25A or 2A or a Fenix LD12 or 22)

Seattle Sparky

Newly Enlightened
big thrower light- fenix Tk 61, I am actually getting it tomorrow hopefully, only a VN version:D

ven

Flashaholic
Give us a clue please mr mcnair,i am interested in what you would pick as you have asked us;)

What size/cell/type/brand is preferred over others personally ?

So a question answered with a question:p:tinfoil:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Mr Ven,

I started all three threads first of all for the newbies to get a good idea of what seasoned buyers have bought and secondly for myself as a light collector for lights that i have over looked in the past and may like to add to my collection.

I am about to pull the trigger on something new but not sure what as yet.

Ideal light for my purpose is very bright only when needed must have a real low low for night use ie going to the bathroom and map reading if i am out on the rally scene.Normal high is ok at the 200lm level with say 80 on med 10 to 20 on low and moon mode or less.Must run on single cell only AA/123 or 18650 at a push. and needs to be a clicky as i cannot be doing with twisties as i find them a pain in the butt and old fashioned,ok with twist for mode change though.

As from last night giving my PD32 a turn,that type smaller would be ideal especially if it would go lower as i find the low to high with maps with a white background.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you mr macnair:D the small form factor of the d25a is hard to beat,AA or 14500 fed for that time you may want that bit more lumen.
Nice ti,great holster,fit in pants pocket with ease,and does have that little special something about it.
Head tight is instant turbo,loosen then the modes,1/2 press for over 1/2 second stops the flashy modes once you have been through them twice quicky(not something i do anyway tbh)

As i like pics,some new ones just for you mr mcnair but poor as on phone

AA or 14500..........take your pick

Button can be charged for illumination(not done for pic:rolleyes:) :laughing:

Sunwayman do the v11r which will feed on AA/14500/cr123/16340 which fits your needs,i await my v11r mirage off rach,so cant comment further on that yet but another option i would look into.

Last edited:

nuknuk

Newly Enlightened
I would recomend you look on this website at vinh work it will give you allsorts of torches at very good prices.