Do you have a priceless light?

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
My girlfriend brought me the Z3 in the year 2000. She knew I wanted one real bad at the time, just that I don't really have the money to get one. This light even helped a car accident victim once in a totally dark pathway once! It's not just a light to me anymore, in fact its not even an object. I now call my A009540 Z3 a friend. Do you have a light that you value not for its brightness, or price, but for the fact that it just be there for you?

The light have been with me through tough times. I guess you develop feelings toward it when you go through a lot with a flashlight. I'm thinking about getting a KL3 for it.

Do you have any special feelings toward some of your lights? A light that's so special that you will never sell no matter what?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire 9N would be that light for me. It was my first Surefire (came in my first mail order flashlight purchase with a 6P which I later sold), and has been at my side whenever needed. It hasn't let me down yet, and I recently was lucky enough to find it a turbo head as a thank you. To date it is the most solid light I have (or have seen). In the way that some people have a security blanket, I have my security Surefire 9N.

-Mike

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, its gotta be my G2. My g/friend just bought it for me for my birthday, that's absolutely priceless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mporter

Newly Enlightened
My Arc LSHF-P. Once I left the house without it in my pocket and was uneasy all day. Funny how attached I have gotten to this object.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of my lights is priceless. But some are worth more to me than they would be to others.

My Arc LSL-S 001, for example, is just a plain old Arc, but it's mine, and I have been its only owner. I discovered when talking with another CPFer, that any reasonable price I might be offered I would turn down.

I guess when this happens, it's a sign that the light has found a good home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tough one...probably would be my bare aluminium McGizmo X3T-PR hosted on a stripped E2e. Im fairly sure no-one else is mad enough to strip a perfectly good surefire of its lovely HA3.
On the other hand, my 1 cell DIY McLux sees the most use, and also means something to me since its the first functional thing ive ever screwed together myself. And it still works!
And then theres the black McLuxes...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a white wide beam Photon 3...it`s the only one I know to exist. Perhaps even more rare than the Photon King. But priceless...I doubt that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ken

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't think i've got any priceless lights..

but i've yet to have my Arc LSL or Blaster 3 in my hand.. so i might become very attached to them..

outta the lights i have now tho i'll probly never give up my Arc AAA.. it was my first real quality light.

SockMan

Newly Enlightened
My most priceless light? The Everready 2D economy flashlight! I can't even GIVE that thing away! Although I haven't even bothered to try... oh wait, that's not the kind of priceless you're talking about. Never mind.

I would have to say that my Arc LS is my precious. Not exactly priceless since it can be replaced if necessary, but it is something that I always carry around. I will not give it up seeing as how it is my first quality light. My pocket will feel empty without it.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Priceless?? Not by the standard definition, although my Rev1 Cyan Arc LS might become near priceless in time. Place real heavy emphasis on 'might', since there aren't that many of them.

jtice

Flashaholic
Hmmm, I would have to say, my Arc / Mclux family.

They are all interchangable, so they are "one" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am now gathering the SureFires to go with them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Overall, My Arc LSH-P on 1x123 Mclux pack is my fav. (EDC)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've got several "priceless" lights, but all for different reasons.

some are mods/custom pieces that just don't have a determined value.

some are broken piles of manure.

and then there is my arc aaa. i'm not really sure why, i haven't gone through anything special or hard with it, but i guess after edcing it for a year or so, and having it on my person nearly 100% of the time, it's almost an extension of my body.
it's scratched up a little bit, but to be honest, i wouldn't trade it in for a brand new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:
Tough one...probably would be my bare aluminium McGizmo X3T-PR hosted on a stripped E2e. Im fairly sure no-one else is mad enough to strip a perfectly good surefire of its lovely HA3.
On the other hand, my 1 cell DIY McLux sees the most use, and also means something to me since its the first functional thing ive ever screwed together myself. And it still works!
And then theres the black McLuxes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I know it! I'm not the only one whos thinking about stripping my surefire so to see how it would look without the coating...what do you use to strip it tho?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used Caustic Soda/Lye solution to strip the HA3. I then polished it up first with generic car polish, followed by some jeweller's rouge. I'm not sure how you would go about doing this to an E2e bezel, as the reflector is an integral part, and also has a fragile coating.
fa41aeab.jpg

The knurling has been left unpolished.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not quite priceless, but my Arc LSL-P is one of my favorites, and is used on almost a daily basis, or at least it gets played with and showed off every day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Just remember to feed your priceless flashlight well, after all, it is what it eats.