Modiified Trusfire X6

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,
Wanted to show you guys some beam shorts of a modified Trustfire X6.
I originally had a standard one but was not happy with the output. I don't have a lumens meter but it was not very bright. So I modified it and replaced the resistors to boost the current from 6.5A to 9A amps this made it much brighter but I was not happy with the throw even though it was brighter, so I de-domed it. This resulted in a much better throw (probably about 400 Meters) but at 9A the batteries would not last long! One of the 18650 let go and spilled acid all over the internal's.

So back to the drawing board, I started looking at other flash lights on ebay and come a across a modified version called "Custom X" but this was very expensive, so I contacted the seller and asked if they would consider modifying my X6 as opposed to buying there torch and they agreed. So I sent them my X6.

About a week later, I got it back from the seller, they had replaced the white battery cap inside with a spring and put a small LED in, I think it may be a XML of some sort. They also modified the circuitry, reflector and O rings.
So what I got back was a light that now pulls only 4.5A! The reflector is also a better fit. Switching it on in the room you can instantly see it is much brighter and the hot spot seems to be much tighter and neater, almost blinding just looking at the hotspot on the ceiling.

So I was very happy with that, putting a big smile on my face:grin2: I couldn't wait to go out and try it.

So yesterday I finely managed to persuade my friend with a slr camera to come out with me for some pictures. Hope you all like them.

This torch is much better then my standard version and brighter then the 9A version too:D

DSC_0695_zps87c9564f.jpg

DSC_0701_zpse01c62b5.jpg

Me breathing on the beam LOL
DSC_0710_zps6ce3a7c9.jpg

About 40-50 meters
DSC_0677_zps028d9033.jpg

Last edited: