Better pocket clip for Quark QTLC?

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember seeing a picture a while ago of someones Quark that had a pocket clip attached by screws through the lanyard holes, but I can't find it now. So I'm looking for a pocket clip that has the right hole spacing, can be easily purchased, and preferably is the right length so that it contacts the body on the smooth portion to avoid pocket shredding. Any ideas?
I know this is probably a slim chance, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Thanks for your help.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like an Eagletac D25 series clip could work if I drilled new holes not as far apart. If any of you have both and could test it out I would very much appreciate it.

gunga

Flashaholic
Look at my Atoms family review thread. I had a friend tap one of the existing holes and drill and tap a new one. I have a jetbeam/Nitecore ti clip installed.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was a recommendation from Chandr1 over at EDCF (which I believe you are also on):

Go to intl-outdoor.com and search "pocket clip". There is a deep carry clip that works great with the Quark Pro 1x123 light. It's only $4.83, but slow boats from China so it took me about 30 days to get mine. I had to file down one side on each of the nuts so they would sit low enough in the tailcap to work, but it's a great option.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright. I now have a Foursevens QTLC on its way from Goinggear and a pocket clip on its way from Fasttech. I shall report back once they both arrive.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the pocket clip from Fasttech, not bad time considering it came from China. Still waiting on the QTLC from Goinggear. The clip seems pretty nice although a little thin, but I'll wait to pass judgement until I can actually attach it to the light.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The QTLC arrived today! After a little filing on the nuts it bolted righted up. I did remove the switch to make it easier to position the nuts though.

13960055669_861105d2e6_z.jpg

13960067109_d9e0191aac_z.jpg

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you like it? This solution is nice because you don't have to drill and tap the tailcap.
Overall it works pretty well. It fits the light great. Really the only flaw is that it is a little weaker than I'd like, but retention isn't bad. I'm pretty pleased with it, especially for under $5 shipped.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, somewhat long-term report. I would not recommend this pocket clip. While the attachment hardware is good and the design is decent, it's just too thin. After a few days of pocket carrying it will get bent out enough that there is a 1-3mm gap between the end of the clip and the flashlight body, resulting in no retention. I have taken it off and for now I'm just using a TEC P7 suspension clip attached via split ring.

gunga

Flashaholic
If you can find the titanium Jetbeam/Nitecore clip it could work better. Potentially more durable. A McGizmo clip could work but not with that hardware (and it costs $25)

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can find the titanium Jetbeam/Nitecore clip it could work better. Potentially more durable. A McGizmo clip could work but not with that hardware (and it costs $25)
Yeah, the McGizmo looks quite nice but spending $25 on a pocket clip for a $45 light just seems wrong. I think I'll probably put a WTB up in the marketplace and see if I can find a Nitecore clip though.