Tikka RXP AAA Adapter Question

Bholdenwc

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Petzle RXP. I bought it because REI stated that there was an adapter that let you use AAA batteries. I went to buy the adapter today an found out REI doesn't sell it. I have scoured the internet and haven't found anyone except a company in europe that offers you the chance to reserve one for September 2014.... Can someone please tell me where to buy this or I'm going to have to return the lamp. Also I know the battery it comes with is lithium but does anyone know if I buy the adapter if I can run lithium batteries in it. I assume I can because the regular batterie is lithium. Thank you.

carrot

Flashaholic
Last I checked the RXP AAA adapter is not out yet. I had heard that it is "coming this spring" the last time I asked.

You can simply recharge the RXP with any Micro-USB cable from a wall wart, computer or any USB battery bank. For use off the grid long term your current best bet is to use a solar battery like the Waka Waka Power or one of Cottonpickers' charging setups (on CPF Marketplace).

The battery included with the RXP is a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery at around 4.2V.

If you can get your hands on an adapter, you can use regular disposable Lithium Iron Disulfide (L92, or often sold as Energizer E2 Ultimate Lithium) batteries which have a nominal voltage of 1.5V, times three for three batteries at 4.5V. Or you can use common disposable alkalines, or rechargeable NiMH batteries.

You may not use rechargeable Lithium-ion or Lithium-polymer batteries in the form of an AAA cell, often sold as 10440 cells.

Latest posts