Arc LS4 Flight Trainer Now Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

georget98

Enlightened
I created a JavaScript emulation of the LS4 basic functions at http://www.egeorgeonline.com/ls4.

Unfortunately JavaScript mouse events seem to work differently from browser to browser and this version works great in Internet Explorer, poorly in Opera, and not at all in Mozilla.

I'm sure someone with better JavaScript skills and a bit of time can solve this and add the advanced menus.

P.S. I did check with Peter as I am using his graphic and control sequences.

P.P.S. The Flashlight Boys' Christmas is now online.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, George and I have talked via email about this. Pretty cool simulator!

I would like to put it in the FAQ, etc. Eventually, the advanced functions would also be included.

Again, very nice.

Peter

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm amazed! Thanks George for the hard work! Great job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Nice 'preview' of the much awaited LS4!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter's right. It is intuitive. By just playing around with it for a mere minute or two, I had it down pat.

Nice job GeorgeT. Nice job Peter.

Paul

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's this: In the FAQ, I tell people to hold the mouse so they can press the mouse button with their thumb like they were holding the flashlight.

Peter

georget98

Enlightened
I intend to add the advanced menus in the near future and clean up the quirks that don't match the behaviour of the real thing.

I just added instructions that change according to the current status.

jtice

Flashaholic
Ahh thats very nice.
That should make it very clear to everyone.

Yea, its more advanced, and dare I say "harder" to use that a regular flashlight. But, heck, its more advanced,,, the MOST advanced LED flashlight on the market.

I think once ppl use it a day or two, it will become second nature. Besides, it is setup to work very similar to a regular flashlight in the first place.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
So unless I've missed something you can not go directly from "off" to "boost"?

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
How's this: In the FAQ, I tell people to hold the mouse so they can press the mouse button with their thumb like they were holding the flashlight.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using a finger-tip controlled trackball, so my thumb is my primary clicking finger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.