Looking for DIY CR123a/16340 host

will manners

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Recently I have been looking into the DIY realm of high output LED lights. Currently I'm building an XML-2 into a C8 at 4.4 amps and am now looking into building an EDC high output light for myself :)

My goal for this light is to have the highest output possible in the smallest form factor. To do this I've chosen an 8*AMC driver from Fasttech (FT) and an XML-2 emitter in an ultrafire 602c host. I realize that at this current, battery life will be very short but to me that does not matter.
Currently I've decided on the ultrafire 602c but there are a few issues with it.

For one it does not look very nice, maybe it's just the photos but I've seen much better looking EDC hosts before. From the reviews of it on FT it seems to be of low quality (of course what can one expect with a $5 host), the reflector does not remain centered on the LED properly and it cannot tailstand.

My question is, are there any DIY hosts available in a 14500/16340/18350 form factor, preferably in the 18350 form factor that are aesthetically pleasing, durable, functional and of good value? I would like this host to be able to tailstand and a smooth reflector for better throw would be desirable but not essential.

Thanks in advanced :)

EDIT: Oh and apparently this is the 20'000th thread posted within this sub-forum :D

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just know of the convoy s2/3/6 etc
But I don't know the battery configuration.

Throw a 3/ xpg2 on with the calico optics, quite driver. And it's a pretty powerful etc.

Another mtnelectronics build.

Richard can't keep them on stock. People are really loving them. (the prebuilt)

will manners

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Tmack :)

I've checked out most convoy lights and I don't think any of them are within the 16340 category.

Something within the form factor and style of the v11r would be awesome but I don't know of any DIY hosts that come close to the aesthetics and function of a v11r, maybe I'm not looking hard enough :thinking:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a guy on the sales part of this forum that purchased some custom fivemega E series bodies with an integral tailcap. I got one of the 18350 versions, and am contemplating what to do with it