Quark Turbo 18650 body

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to post in the WTB section.... most people won't let go of their limited edition 18650 bodies, but there's a price for everything I guess. I read some have lego'd Fenix part to Quarks... wonder if that's an option?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, 75,--
if it goes for that, I should start thinking of selling my Quark 18650 body.
:rolleyes:

radar, have You yet decided already?
to give You a - in my mind - more uselful opinion, contrary from criticless fanboys ... rethink the idea and spend that money for something You will appreciate much more:
a good 18650 host light + a good P60 insert.

imho the main selling point for any Quark is its small size and extremely thin sidewall construction (= no weight).
Unfortunately that especially makes using the 18650 body awkward.
It does not screw in good - because of the thinness of the sidewalls and thus extreme tight diameters.
It tens to get loose at joints that one does not want to get loose (not at tailcap for changing battery, f.e.)
It makes the light much longer (it is not "just" an extension, there is a part to cover different battery lengths and/or different head/tail sizes)

or, maybe the easier to understand-"rugged" argument:
if it were this good and/or thus a "need" and/or thus commercial success ---> there were additional runs made ...

Of course one - fanboys that are not open to rational arguments - could accuse me of not being a fanboy, which is true.
:rolleyes:
my Quark AA mini "warm" is and will stay my main EDC, but all normal Quarks I got till now; have more or less immediately been given to friends as small safety lights (long storage CR123 battery) because there was NONE I could stand the ridiculus tint (usually green).

--> therefore my recommendation is to learn what Led, what power at led, what tint You like best and get a P60 light exactly like You want

PS: who does not have (used) the Quark 18650 body, might have his/her own opinion, but if they blame me for being not right on the body: they have not used it, so their opinion has no meaning ...
... certainly sounds rude, but this surely is not the 1st time I gave that info and I know what will follow (- usually from ppl not being able to give anything You should base Your spending of money on it)
and dont forget: the body is an amount of money, a really good, individualized insert and possibly a host, too, could also be ordered
;)

radar45

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am not going to pay $75.00 for a 18650 body. I have a UltraFire C1 with a xml T6 led, but lost it. I thought I will just get a 18650 body for my Quark 123 Turbo. I have a 2AA body for it and run 14440 in it so I think I will stick to that

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Consider boring out the original body and using a 17670; that's what I did with my Quark 123² Turbo X.

Alternatively, consider using a Quark 123² body (not Turbo); most will accept a 17670 without modification.