Bolts for a Titanium torch, to torx or not to torx that is the quesiton.

Valen

Newly Enlightened
So I am designing a Titanium keyring torch.
Rechargeable with a soldered in lipo battery so I don't need to worry about opening it all that often.
It'll be a 2 part clamshell style package with a decent amount of closing force to compress the gasket so its all nice and waterproof.

The screws will need to be about M2, possibly M3 in order to fit and at this stage titanium so I don't need to worry about crevice corrosion or dissimilar metals.

So I was wondering, I have always felt biased against torx just on the grounds of "why would I want another type of bit", but people have been suggesting they aren't actually the spawn of the devil, and I have been working on some stuff recently that has shown me some of the nicer aspects of them.

So I guess my question is are torx screws on a torch that you would want to use perhaps once every year or so going to bother you? Or would you prefer hex (even if it meant they were perhaps larger)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
As i sell industrial hardware for a living torx are popping up more and more and my recently bought (cheap) Li-On powered driver from Lidl included torx bits in the box.

Go torx they look neater and more professional.