Money aside..what is the best pocket size tactical light out there?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2D family of lights is great, especially the latest "Ultra" version. Due to its redesigned bezel I think it is much more pocket friendly than the older ones.

I routinely carry the EB2-T but, although it has a true tactical switch, it may not be tactical enough, at least in appearance, for some folks.

I also carry the Elzetta Bravo (high output version) equipped with a Raven Concealment Systems pocket clip. It's larger than what some people think of for pocket carry but I have no problems with it. It is a truly fine light.

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
Share that popcorn Mr T45 and i will buy the beer.:devil:

Can I have a beer too? I'll get the next ones!! :drunk:

Also I'm gonna recommend an eagletac d25c clicky titanium (cos I've just ordered one) and I'm excited !!

:party:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I have a beer too? I'll get the next ones!!

Also I'm gonna recommend an eagletac d25c clicky titanium (cos I've just ordered one) and I'm excited !!

I think that we need to define the word 'tactical' first, no?

Anyhow, I got my D25C Ti clicky two weeks back and like it a lot running li-ion IMR 16340s.

It's got a lot of blinkies, 7 of them IIRC and there's a 'tactical' strobe in there somewhere.

Chris

dss_777

Enlightened

Anyhow, I got my D25C Ti clicky two weeks back and like it a lot running li-ion IMR 16340s.

It's got a lot of blinkies, 7 of them IIRC and there's a 'tactical' strobe in there somewhere.

Chris

... and "best", and "pocket', and "light"...

Pin me down, and I'd suggest an X300U attached to the G19...

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25c is great.
V11r with extention
But my favorite.... C20c

All with a "vn" at the end ;)
(and engraved in the light)

Esko

Enlightened
Money aside..what is the best pocket size tactical light out there?

I am not an expert on so-called tactical lights but like some other people said, you should really define your tactical needs. I.E. do you need it to always start on high, do you need an instant access to strobe, do you need good signalling properties, do you need easy operation in high stress situation (=single mode), do you need extreme toughness, long runtimes, etc. The "best tactical lights" are designed for their specific purposes and when used for other purposes (tactical or not), they may be far from optimal.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
To me a "tactical" light means single mode, with the only exception being something like a simple twist tail or head. (like what's found in the malkoff MD2, Elzetta and foursevems tactical)

I personally think the Surefire E series is the best for pocket carry. In that same size the Surefire L1/L2 would work also although I think they have been renamed to something else now...

edit to add the L1/L2 would now be LX2, EB1 tactical or EB2 tactical according to surefire website.

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I hate to sound like a broken record here, but everybody has a different opinion on "best tactical light" - even professionals can't agree on a single best light. Which is why you see so many different professional organizations using so many different lights - and even then, "best" is modified for cost, manufacturer incentives, and so on.

For my own personal definition of "tactical: home defense edition", I have a single-mode, twisty flashlight with a high-power drop-in. Specifically, a Surefire Z2 with an M61 drop-in (325 lumens for an hour and a half). Affordable, durable, reliable, and idiot-simple to operate. It's my "bump in the night" light.

historyfuzz

Newly Enlightened

Chris

+1 on the D25C TI light. I have it and it's perfect. The aluminum version runs a little cooler since this light can get hot. I saw beamshots on Vinh Nguyen's site that showed a modded D25C TI that looks like it throws like a full sized tactical light. Think I'll be getting that. If you're willing to go a little bigger but still stay in the "pocket" range, Fenix just released (today) an E35UE that is smaller and brighter at 900lm than the PD35. That should make anyone happy.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, it would be between these two:

Surefire 6P with M61
Surefire EB2

Then again, my personal definition of "tactical" equates to single mode, momentary only, dependable, and bright as hell. "Pocket light" is up for discussion. Some guys will say the only valid pocket light is a single cell light, but I'd argue that a 2 cell light is perfectly pocketable.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote is for SF 6P or C2 with Malkoff M61. I'd like to say LX2 as well but just last week my tailcap guts suddenly fell out when I was removing cells for a battery charge.

Latest posts