BRITELITE Flashlights- Anyone using this?

nobleimd

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

Have come across this brand called BRITELITE during my transit in Dubai. Costs about USD 50. Claims a very long beam range. I got two models named Challenge LED PLus and Merqury LED Plus. Challenge LED Plus is a large flashlight about 14 Inches long with a D size rechargeable NI.Cd battery and the other one is about 6 Inch long , rechargeable as well. Performance seems good so far, just wanted to know if anyone out here has used one of these or anything from this brand?

Thank you,

Jaime.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have come across them in trade shops in the UK.Look ok for mickey mouse unbranded and i would be happy to buy them as i love these unbranded lights and i have a fair few.

I have a nice 3 mode AAA clicky from Maplins(own label) for £12 works a treat.

nobleimd

Newly Enlightened
These are considered to be the best of its kind and also regarded as a high performance flashlight in the middle east and Indian subcontinent, Enquired about it with a few of my friends and relatives from the area and all seem to have a good opinion about it. I don't think they have stores in U.K , U.S or anywhere in Europe for that matter, so not so sure about the after sales service. Have been using them for the past few days and they seem to have extremely long ranges, Use just a simple XPC Cree LED and the lumens are rather low but their reflectors are large and deep. The large one claims to have a beam range of 2500 Kms. Is that even possible?

arcticos

Newly Enlightened
Greetings from Kyiv, my dear!:thumbsup: seven years I use heavy duty led lights Britelite. I am sure even 1 000 000 hours will enjoy their excellent work. Good reliable lights, very convenient to take with them into space. I decided to open a shop of these lamps in Ukraine. Evolution in us such qualities as mutual aid and support. to do this, I appeal to you asking that you will be Easy and Interesting to do for me. I am interested in text and photo documents of the product Britelite (description, instructions, advertising). I need something more than throws google search )). Please share with me information on the Britelite lights. I will be glad friendship! Sincerely, Arcticos.:thanks:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone noticed the post counts of the prople who really, REALLY love these lights.... maybe even have an interest in them?

I call SHILL!

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I realise this is an old thread and post #3 and #4 are probably shills, But!...

I got a hold of one of these lights for free in a deal, and I`m really impressed! it`s not a great build quality and the rechargable battery pack didn`t come with it, but it did take 3x C cells, and I replaced the original bulb (a 5.2V halogen) with a 3 Cell Maglite bulb and it`s a fantastic thrower! and way better than any of my maglites or P60s for keeping a tight beam over a distance. There`s not much power being a 3 C light and it probably wouldn`t take much abuse in the same way an old D cell maglite would but it`s quite impressive.
I would never have thought looking at it and it`s unremarkable looking reflector would have been up to much, but I`m glad I gave it a chance, though I don`t think I`ll be using the internal charger for it ;)

Rovar

Newly Enlightened
These are considered to be the best of its kind and also regarded as a high performance flashlight in the middle east and Indian subcontinent, Enquired about it with a few of my friends and relatives from the area and all seem to have a good opinion about it. I don't think they have stores in U.K , U.S or anywhere in Europe for that matter, so not so sure about the after sales service. Have been using them for the past few days and they seem to have extremely long ranges, Use just a simple XPC Cree LED and the lumens are rather low but their reflectors are large and deep. The large one claims to have a beam range of 2500 Kms. Is that even possible?
It is 2.5 Kilometers; 2500 Meters

3_gun

Enlightened
Product page only shows 3 lights under the CLASSIC series heading; nothing under the EVO series even with that being part of the homepage "splash" banner. No real details or claims about output & run times on the site, tried 2 browsers & got the same results with both. Seems they don't offer shipping to the US even tho the site will display cost in US dollars.

Got to say for $21-$27 I'd most likely take a chance.

Mister Ed

Administrator
Staff member
Couple of red flags in my opinion with ordering years after this thread was first posted.
  • No SSL
  • Social Media hasn't been updated in over 3 years
  • Parts of the site seem broken
That said, if we have any folks using these products now, would be interested in hearing what they had to say, especially among that price point.

3_gun

Enlightened
Parts of the site not working & no SSL didn't worry me since they don't seem to have the US targeted for sales. Don't use SM so I didn't check it. They are on Amazon just not on the US site. Seems many of the most recent reviews are negative. Also seems the only updates to the 2014 design was in battery chemistry & that seemingly wasn't done well. Also performance might be more LEP than flashlight if the translations are correct. Bummer .. always looking for a "new" toy