Movie theatres, rude moviegoers and flashlights

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
The holiday is coming and many of us will probably be seeing a movie. Since I live in a very large metropolitan area there may be some people in the theatre that would make enjoying the movie not possible. Such as loud talking, popcorn throwing etc. Think Cape Fear but worse.
Many people would shush or shake their head. I will probably bring my surefire along and bring much attention to the perpetrator.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
great idea use a G2 with the P61, blind the idiots and move before they get some resemblance of vision and they will never find you in a theater.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A few months ago, I used a Positron Laser (5W cyan LS mod) in a dark theatre (the "live" kind, not the "movie" kind), and it was definitely the brightest battery powered light in the whole place. The cyan beam showed up well too, because there was a fog machine going at the time, and some of the "fog" made it up to the seats.

I've never used it in a movie theatre though, nor have I used any other bright lights in one, so my experience in this regard ends right about here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I did use my Cyan inretech for good lately. I helped light up the steps for people that came in late for the circus.
I was afraid to shine the light up at the big top, though.
You think lighting guys think about flashlights?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see lots of flashlights at the drive-in theaters I go to. People (mostly kids probably) think it's funny to shine them on the screen (and laser pointers, too). To those in the business, doing that is a big no no! But as a flashaholic, and a big drive-in theater fanatic, it's the crossing of two of my favorite things. One drive-in I go to has train tracks right next to it. The train that passes by every Friday night dims its main light and doesn't blow the whistle. The owner of the drive-in always peeks out the projection room door and "thanks" the engineer for his courtesy by flashing his Maglite 2-D at him, getting a flash right back. Sometimes I even join in!

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Being that I spent a good part of my early childhood and later all 4 years of undergrad schooling in rather "urban" environments, I actually find myself now kinda missing the more "interactive" moviegoing atmosphere common to such ethnicities.

It's just not the same sitting through Kill Bill without a good, half-rioting audience.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Call me strange.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT