Jetbeam        

Thread: New Cortex lights by Gerber!

Default New Cortex lights by Gerber!

I was on Gerber's webpage the other day and saw a new line of lights they were making. The line is named Cortex, and the 2 AA model looked especially interesting.

http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/L...ight_31-001879

It will take 2 AA's or 3 CR123's. Gerber claims 390 lumens using AA's and 675 on CR 123's, but I am not sure if that is out the front. It reminded me a larger version of the Zebralight SC80 in that regard. They also say the lights are made in the USA on Portland Oregon. I may buy one soon to see what they are like. Does anybody have one now??

Default Re: New Cortex lights by Gerber!

Seen these a few days ago searching for made in the usa flashlights. Gerber looks like they hit a homerun with these.

Sounds like it could take 2X 17500 Li-ion, if they indeed fit.

Bill
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 04-29-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Grammer

390L on two stinky AAs in a Made in USA flashlight? I like that!

If this thing gets good reviews, it's going to be in my pocket. Would love to see a really low, long runtime option. Maybe 2 lumens for a bazillion hours. Perfect.

I've always had s soft spot in my head for Gerber.

Is there a sleeve insert for aa's? Especially for their model that's an cr123/aa/AAA compatible, what's the adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    Is there a sleeve insert for aa's? Especially for their model that's an cr123/aa/AAA compatible, what's the adapter?
    2xAA is 100mm long.
    3x123 is 100mm long. The length is ok, but I have been wondering if we would see a brush-stabilized battery carrier for a while now.
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

Well mikekoz or others, I wonder who'll be the first to get one? I contacted Gerber. They told me that there is no sleeve/spacer/adapter. Just that the tension of the springs to hold the 2AAs in place. Rattle is a pet peeve of mine; so I'd probably go Bullzeyebill's route w/ 2 x 17500s!
    I have more than I need, but not as many as I want.

Surefire owner since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Well mikekoz or others, I wonder who'll be the first to get one? I contacted Gerber. They told me that there is no sleeve/spacer/adapter. Just that the tension of the springs to hold the 2AAs in place. Rattle is a pet peeve of mine; so I'd probably go Bullzeyebill's route w/ 2 x 17500s!

THANK YOU, yeah mine too.