Bulb Dealer in Canada

Denix

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been able to find a single source for all my lights. For Streamlight and Mag, I get mine at LeBaron's. For PT, I get them at Mountain Equipment Coop. Both of those are good for mail order and have excellent prices. I think there's a MEC in Calgary, so you wouldn't need mail order in that case. For Surefire, I saw good prices at R. Nicholls, but I don't know if they ship.

Also, in 2004 I plan on getting an Arc LS4 (already own an AAA), so I'm slowly moving more and more into LEDs to avoid having to buy bulbs in the first place! However, I still haven't found a small light to beat my Scorpion... I'll have to wait until 5 watt LS's become more affordable, so that may take a year or two.

Guy

Techmedic

Enlightened
R. Nicholls will ship no problem. Ordered four halogen mag bulbs a few months ago, order came to about $28 total. Great to deal with. (From the Toronto office)
They stock Streamlight and Sure Fire bulbs, lights, etc...
LeBaron is a good choice, that's where I purchased my Scorpion. Purchased the TL-2 at R. Nicholls, along with spare scorpion bulb, and 123 cells.

It looks like you have pretty well nailed down the choices for great lights in Canada! (not many...)

For other suppliers check out the links in: www.blueline.ca

A single supplier for lights really won't happen since the SF's are for the LEO market, the PT's are for the outdoor market, and well you get the idea.

If you do find others that are better than the above, do reply to let us know.

Techmedic

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
For my PT Tec40, I use a Mag Krypton 3 Cells, it's over driving it a little bit but I can pick up the bulb easily at any Canadian Tire, Home Depot, etc...

It was for my SL Scorpion which I'm worry about. Each bulb last 3 to 5 hours. That's 6 to 10 hours on the current bulb plus the spare bulb. At this moment, I only ordered enough CR123A to last me 7 hours until I can get more bulb.

Denix, I agree with you and I'll move toward LED as well but they are a bit pricy at this time. Also LED doesn't emit enough power for the size. However, it's getting really close.

When I picked up the Scorpion at a local store, the sale guy tried to sell me Predator. The Predator does gives out light as much as the Scorpion but it's a little bit bulky and the beam is not focusable. Here is the link to Predator if interested.
http://www.brite-lite.com/CdnShop/Publish/vindex.htm

As for bulb distributor, of course, if I find a good source, I'll let you guys know.

Techmedic

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CalgaryGuy said:
It was for my SL Scorpion which I'm worry about. Each bulb last 3 to 5 hours. That's 6 to 10 hours on the current bulb plus the spare bulb. At this moment, I only ordered enough CR123A to last me 7 hours until I can get more bulb.
As for bulb distributor, of course, if I find a good source, I'll let you guys know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calgaryguy,

Stop worrying or I'm gonna come up there and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif.
On second thought, how cold is it up there?

Call R. Nicholls and order the bulbs and batteries that you need! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

http://rnicholls.flattext.com/locations_en.html
(they don't show offices west of Mississauga, but I don't think that would stop them from shipping to you)

I also have only 16 123's in stock to feed my Scorpion & TL-2. Still on my first set of 123's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Gosh, I think I need more too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

It is Christmas time, even for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Techmedic

Denix

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CalgaryGuy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry too much about the bulb life. I had the same concern initially, but there was a thread here somewhere about Scorpion bulbs lasting far longer than the advertised time (7+ hours per bulb). Mine only has about 2 hours on it, so I can't talk from experience.

My headlight is a Vortec, which is equivalent to a Predator (or Predator Pro) but in a different color. Nice bright light, but too much of a spot for me. It has almost as much throw as the Scorpion, but the focus is too tight. I find that I'm constantly moving my head back and forth when I use it.

Guy

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Ok, I won't worry much about the bulb goes until the first one goes. How about you guys, I guest that you guys are on your 1st set of battery and 2nd set of battery, right? Which mean you guys have to go through a few more sets until the 1st bulb goes...

Techmedic, Calgary is colder than you Ontario but it's very dry here so the cold is easier to stand.