Nitecore SENS

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Long story short. I tried to fit a gift into a budget and bought the Nitecore SENS AA. From the time when it was introduced, I had always never for once thought of owning such a light. Auto Dimming Technology (ADT for short) sounded full of crap to me. So today I collected my SENS which was to be gifted away, popped in a battery and played around to see "this crappy" ADT. Within a few seconds of playtime, I ........... fell in love with it. :awman: ADT is just brilliant!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long story short. I tried to fit a gift into a budget and bought the Nitecore SENS AA. From the time when it was introduced, I had always never for once thought of owning such a light. Auto Dimming Technology (ADT for short) sounded full of crap to me. So today I collected my SENS which was to be gifted away, popped in a battery and played around to see "this crappy" ADT. Within a few seconds of playtime, I ........... fell in love with it. :awman: ADT is just brilliant!

Come on stop teasing and tell me more,i am always up for trying new things remember the saying "change is good"

whill44

Enlightened
I bought the sens mini (cr2). I like everything about it, except the slow transition from bright to dim. From low to high is very fast. Most of the time I'm using the override because I forget to point it up. Still, I like it as part of my cr2 collection.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
You just have to try it for yourself. The transition is fast and it's like i can point it in all 3 ranges and they just crazily change accordingly. Although as whill44 pointed out, transition from high to low is slower (somewhat similar to Nitecore's piston ramp down, but faster), but it still does so in like half a second, not slow as in slooooow.

Come on stop teasing and tell me more,i am always up for trying new things remember the saying "change is good"

Last edited:

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi whill44

Do check out towards the end of this video. It explained why the transition from high to low is slower =)

I bought the sens mini (cr2). I like everything about it, except the slow transition from bright to dim. From low to high is very fast. Most of the time I'm using the override because I forget to point it up. Still, I like it as part of my cr2 collection.

I have fun handing this to people to see if they can work out the UI. Nobody has guessed it so far, even after I demonstrated selecting each level.

Last edited:

whill44

Enlightened
Hi whill44

Do check out towards the end of this video. It explained why the transition from high to low is slower =)

Thanks for the video. I understand what he's saying but in everyday use, at least for me, it seems when you point it down onto a white piece of paper or whatever you need to see up close you are blinded while you waiting for it to dim.

djmm

Newly Enlightened
Can those 3 lights easily turned on by accident? I guess if the twisting mechanism is not so grippy, it can be easily activated by accident?

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the SENS AA and I don't use it very often, when I do I have to remember what position it has to be in, when activated, to allow the ADT to function.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing that video i doubt i would buy one as it certainally would be unsuitable for my job edc.Would make a nice toy for the collection though.