Surefire M2, what it comes with?

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
My M2 came from Botach, and it came in the Surefire box, sealed and wrapped, and came with a manual, some other papers, and a sealed P61 lamp assembly. I read in the 2002 Surefire catalog (page 57) under special features:

"waterproofed with O-ring seals"
"parachute cord lanyard included"
"hard rubber grip ring"

So, I got everything but the lanyard and lanyard ring, does that come with an M2 standard? Or am I misreading the Surefire catalog with the word included?

Btw, I powered it up tonight with the P60 and then the P61 with fresh batteries, and WOW, I can definatly tell a difference both at 5 feet on the wall in the hotspot, and at 30 feet at the back yard...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the 100th time: M2 never has, does not, and probably never will ship with lanyard.

It is a misprint.

Surefire may send you a free lanyard if you call them and tell about the misprint.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
As far as I know the M2 has never come standard with lanyard and lanyard ring, I guess either you misread the Surefire catalog or it was misprinted.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Alrighty, I guess that clears it up, Sorry FC, just caught my eye...guess I didn't go far enough in the archives in my search results...

Thanks...

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get 100' of lanyard at you local sporting goods store
grin.gif
just make sure you get the cord-loks.

Skyline

Enlightened
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that the M2 doesn't actually come with a lanyard. You'd think for the cost of the M2..
blush.gif

The G2Z comes with the lanyard. Here's your incentive to get the G2Z.
grin.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
All models that come with clip don't have the lanyard. Yes you can DIY a lanyard but the lanyard ring is hard to find. I just made a lanyard for my M3 with Tru-spec OD nylon cord and I'm looking for the cord-loks now.

Aerodog

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by FC.:
For the 100th time: M2 never has, does not, and probably never will ship with lanyard.

It is a misprint.

Surefire may send you a free lanyard if you call them and tell about the misprint.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And for the 100th time, the Surefire 2002 PRINTED catalog AND PRINTED on the M2 box (sticker) says it COMES WITH with a lanyard. So newbies, like me, who trust what is PRINTED by Surefire in TWO locations, expect a lanyard in their M2 box. BTW, Since I take mine underwater (salt), a lanyard system would come in handy.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
I guess I will give them a call...Your right about the price, not fair that a G2Z comes with one and yet their "top of the line" for a 2 cell being the M2, doesn't come with it...

On a side note about the para cord, make sure when you get 550 cord that you are actually getting the one that has 7 nylon cords inside, not just a braided single nylon cord. The one with a big single strand isn't true 550 cord, not as good...You have to watch out on the Truspec stuff, even at Galyans...the ones that are prewrapped are the cheapo single cord, and the ones you pay for by the foot are the better true 550...

Skyline

Enlightened
Originally posted by Aerodog:
And for the 100th time, the Surefire 2002 PRINTED catalog AND PRINTED on the M2 box (sticker) says it COMES WITH with a lanyard. So newbies, like me, who trust what is PRINTED by Surefire in TWO locations, expect a lanyard in their M2 box. BTW, Since I take mine underwater (salt), a lanyard system would come in handy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dude...chill.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
For general utility that stuff is fine, the stuff that comes .15 per foot is offered in a cool blue/grey color and black. I'm going to get some today as a matter of fact, gotta use up the gift card.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like cord SF uses, and I don't like the way lanyard attaches. All of my SFs have no lanyard, or my own, home-made ones.(which works better for my needs)