Anyone EDC their SF Titan on their keyring ?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone here EDC their SF Titan on their keyring ? I mean EDC every day ? Is it too big ? or is the size tolerable ? Any sharing experience would be greatly appreciated.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Eiger AAA. But for some reason I just not too crazy about it. I just got the SF Titan so curious what others experience with it is.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I carry a Peak Eiger too, although I prefer the 10180 or 10280 for keyring use.

Personally, I find the Eiger 10440, and (definitely) SF Titan, more of a "pocket light" than a "keyring light" ....

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I had a 1xAA light which was the same length of the Peak Eiger. The AA was about perfect for my keyring. BUT when I dropped my keys the AA stopped working (i won't mention the brand)
So then I started looking for something else. Next keyring brand drained the CR123 for no reason in one night, so that one is out.
So this got me to the Titan.
The Peak diameter is about 13mm and the AA diameter was 17mm. The Titan is about the same length as the Eiger. However is 20mm diameter.
I guess I will try it on the keyring see how it works.
Still if anyone has any experience with it on the keyring please post it here.

PS - I am talking about the Lug version Eiger which is 3.25 inch that I have

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my T1A on my key ring. I can't tell you how many times I dropped my keys, and it still keeps on lighting when I need it to.

I like it so much, I bought another 90 lumen version this time as a back up.

:tinfoil:

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any cr123 lights feels to thick on a keychain. I like the "micro aaa" lights, (dqg, preon p0) and smaller.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried carrying it on my key ring and because the Titan is heavier, the balance while using my keys seems off. Many times I almost drop the keys while holding onto it because the Titan is weighing it down. I have a SS Preon ReVO on my keys previously and now a Mako flood. These combination felt much better and easier to hold.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input. I have been using mine on the keyring, is a bit bigger than what I expected :(
I would say you right the balance is off.
I looked at the Mako flood. Bit expensive.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the biggest issue for me isn't dropping the keys or light. I too have a Spyderco Ladybug on my keyring. When I was cutting open some letters, the Ladybug being so small almost fell out of my grip because the Titan is pulling it down. I may have cut myself if it slips and retracted backwards into my fingers since the weight of the Titan is pulling it back. Don't have this issue when using the Mako or any similarly sized light.