Supbeam X60 V2: 10000 lumens!!

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
That's exciting! Quick bit of googling reveals not much info about it other than what's listed on supbeam site.

Can't wait for more!

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....with a vn tag, this could essentially be running at least 13000 lumens...
Not entirely sure even VN can increase the output. Do the math. !0,000 lumens will require ~100 watts. From the specs we can infer that the lamp is probably driven by 6 18650's. That means a current draw of 4-5 amps, and that is pushing the limits for anything except IMR 18650's, To get to 13000 lumens will require 6-7 amps, which could only be provided by IMR cells, so run time would be depressing... Then there is the issue of heat generation. You are going to have to dissipate about 130 watts for a VN version. That is one BIG heat sink, or some form of forced air cooling.

I am not saying it cannot be done, but it looks to me that the basic light at 10,000 lumens is already pretty close to the engineering limits for heat dissipation and battery performance/capacity in the form factor.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not entirely sure even VN can increase the output. Do the math. !0,000 lumens will require ~100 watts. From the specs we can infer that the lamp is probably driven by 6 18650's. That means a current draw of 4-5 amps, and that is pushing the limits for anything except IMR 18650's, To get to 13000 lumens will require 6-7 amps, which could only be provided by IMR cells, so run time would be depressing... Then there is the issue of heat generation. You are going to have to dissipate about 130 watts for a VN version. That is one BIG heat sink, or some form of forced air cooling.

I am not saying it cannot be done, but it looks to me that the basic light at 10,000 lumens is already pretty close to the engineering limits for heat dissipation and battery performance/capacity in the form factor.

Vinh could ship every souped up version with one of those folding hand fans.

You hold the light in your right hand while frantically waving your left hand holding the fan to keep it cool.:crazy:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Can´t wait to see a review of this light! It for sure looks impressive!

I wonder for how long it can be run at the highest mode att 10000 lumens before it steps down, and what effect it has after it has stepped down? :thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
WOW would love to see that on an rdfronty shoot out compared to the vn version.Would it throw as far though!!! wonder being de-domed how awesome it be:D

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
WOW would love to see that on an rdfronty shoot out compared to the vn version.Would it throw as far though!!! wonder being de-domed how awesome it be:D
I don't see the point in circumcising such an awesome light!

Is there some religious prerogative for wanting to do such a thing?

It might possibly be more hygienic I guess...

zebraa

Newly Enlightened
I myself look forward to the MT-G2 revolution, which is upon us!! :popcorn:

ven

Flashaholic
I don't see the point in circumcising such an awesome light!----- YES FOR DOUBLE THE THROW

Is there some religious prerogative for wanting to do such a thing?---- YES OF COURSE AS WE ARE FLASHOHOLICS:D

It might possibly be more hygienic I guess...----POSSIBLY :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
I have held back originally on the 1st version,cost,size main reasons but i am coming round to owning a real monster light,the daddy of all..............

So i guess this is the daddy..........best get working on the justification part of my brain:D

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I think it´s time that we ask Gopajti who usually have deatils about lights before they are released. If you have more info about this light, please share it with us.:)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have held back originally on the 1st version,cost,size main reasons but i am coming round to owning a real monster light,the daddy of all..............

So i guess this is the daddy..........best get working on the justification part of my brain:D

Never ever ever buy a light because its the "Top Dog".

No matter how impressive a light is right now....as soon as you hit "pay"....something else could pop onto the scene and render your top dog to just the new top dog's beetch.

Buy because it does what you need done now, better than the available alternatives.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 x MT-G2 Q0 leds

Will be released at the end of May :whistle:

Why five? The MM15 can do 5233 with two MT-G2s, so the X60 V2 should be able to reach 10k lm with four of them.

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two reasons. One is they already have the reflector in place for 5 emitters. Using an existing reflector saves non-recurring engineering costs. Two is the lower the power, the higher the efficiency of the emitter. So 5 at 2000 lumens each will dissipate less heat than 4 at 2500 lumens each. Under the best of circumstance heat dissipation in this thing will be 'challenging'.