Fenix D Cell Lights Discontinued?

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Has Fenix discontinued all of their D cell lights due to lack of popularity? I note that one CPF member web dealer has the TK60 on sale for under $100 and a Fenix only web dealer no longer lists any of the D cell models. I am thinking of getting a TK60 for the long run times available. I have had a TK50 since it was introduced and really like it. Also have several classic D cell Maglites and a D cell Duracell Truebeam. If the TK60 is disappearing then I definitely want to pick up one while they are still available.

yearnslow

Enlightened
I've had a TK60 for a while now (three years?) The tint is fairly awful and the on/off switch is a bit naff, but it throws ok and there is lots of spill.
If you don't mind the beam colour, it's a fairly serviceable light.
Low will run for 10-16 days at around 10 lumens, so it's ideal for the home if the lights go out.
I use mine mainly for scanning my ten acre plot at night, which it does easily.

It's not pretty, but it is a good workhorse and much better than anything Mag have to offer in terms of brightness.

kj2

Flashaholic
I think so. The TK50 and TK60 have been around quite some time now. My Fenix dealer here has removed the TK70, for a few months now. TK50 and TK60 are still in stock, but I don't expect for long.

ven

Flashaholic
I bought my tk50 not too long back,iirc its from 2010 ish/2011 maybe.

I wanted a D cell light originally for work,but too throwy,so used a diffuser then decided t7.2 or single AA lights were just more user friendly for my work uses.....

Cracking looking light though:D just no performance leader............with 1000lm in that body it would be a winner for me:D

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
eff;

On the web site but not in the 2014 catalog that I downloaded recently. Makes me suspect that we are looking at old stock and some makers web sites continue to list older items for user reference purposes.

eff

Enlightened
Just found out that the TK60 is marked as discontinued on fenixgear http://www.fenixgear.com/fenix-discontinued-models.html
I suppose they got the word directly from Fenix, so it looks like Fenix is no longer producing D cell flashlights :sigh:
Are there any brands out there that are still selling D cell lights (except led lenser) ?