SC52 - anyone else not like the bright clip

blackz28

Newly Enlightened
The SC52 is great except for the chessy looking clip, it just doesn't look right. Well I fixed that, using a red scotch brite pad, I took the shine off, now it looks better with a satin appearance and while I was at it, I replaced those screws also. Whatca think
sc52-1.jpg
sc52-3.jpg
sc52-1.jpg

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't like the bright clip on mine so I replaced it with a Nitecore Titanium clip.

Yours looks better with the satin finish when compared to the chrome finish.

markr6

Flashaholic
Those look almost black!! I'm guessing some to do with the camera/lighting etc. Or did they completely change the anodizing color...again? It really makes the clip stand out, but I think it look OK either way.

Etsu

Enlightened
For me, it's not the shine of the clips that bothers me, it's that they are a completely different color than the body.

Oh, also that they're completely useless because they're so tight, but that's a different matter.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, it's not the shine of the clips that bothers me, it's that they are a completely different color than the body.

Oh, also that they're completely useless because they're so tight, but that's a different matter.

I agree that the clip is difficult to unclip from a pocket, but I believe that is more a factor of how the clip touches the body than the stiffness of the clip. The clip touches the body right at the sharp corner where the head profiles into the body. If the clip were just a few mm longer and met the body at the flat section of the "head", the clip would be MUCH easier to use.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't like the original clip so I replaced it with a Nitcore Titanium one, did the same with my SWM V11R.

V11RampSC52WTitaniumClips_zps5f3c2b2b.jpg

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant find the nitecore titanium clip on sale anymore..

I ordered the Titanium Alloy LED Flashlight Clip For Nitecore Jetbeam Niteye from Banggood, the clip fitted to the V11R in the photo is what arrived, it's not as shown on their website but appears to be the same as the Nitecore version. They sell two different sizes, I bought the Long version, $6.69 including delivery.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the Titanium Alloy LED Flashlight Clip For Nitecore Jetbeam Niteye from Banggood, the clip fitted to the V11R in the photo is what arrived, it's not as shown on their website but appears to be the same as the Nitecore version. They sell two different sizes, I bought the Long version, $6.69 including delivery.

Thanks! Ordered. It looks like the clip meets the body right on the flat part of the head--just as I wanted.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just the lighting or is your SC52 black in color? Is that a new option? I've never seen any ZL that wasn't just "natural".

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just the lighting or is your SC52 black in color? Is that a new option? I've never seen any ZL that wasn't just "natural".

The newest ones are a darker natural finish. It is more of a dark gray than the older gray/green finish, and it seems thicker to me, but that could be my imagination. Word is that these are now being finished in the US.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newest ones are a darker natural finish. It is more of a dark gray than the older gray/green finish, and it seems thicker to me, but that could be my imagination. Word is that these are now being finished in the US.

It looks so much darker than the others I've seen. Any chance for a photo in different lighting?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's overcast today, so this is not perfect, but fairly representative. Here is a new SC52w L2 with an H50. You can see that the new finish is more of a "steel gray" than the older bronze/green natural finish.

I will say though... The new finish is excellent--coverage is very uniform and it seems hard.

20140513_111230.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
I know we're getting off topic in regards to the clip, but I think it goes along well with the anodizing. Here's an older pic of my SC52w lights - original vs. new (but not L2)

SC52w_anodize.jpg

And 4 lights ALL with the new, darker color under same 4000K T8 lamp:

zebras_030114a.jpg

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know we're getting off topic in regards to the clip, but I think it goes along well with the anodizing. Here's an older pic of my SC52w lights - original vs. new (but not L2)

SC52w_anodize.jpg

And 4 lights ALL with the new, darker color under same 4000K T8 lamp:

zebras_030114a.jpg

Excellent! And thank you and sorry for getting off topic.

Quick question: I have a SC600w MkII L2, does its color match that of the new SC52?