Replace Quark AA²?

SnowJim

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I bought a Quark AA² a couple of years ago and Im still impressed how good this flashlight is. I have also bought a Led Lenser L7 and even if its not bad the Quark is alot better!

What I dont like about the Quark is :

- To focused in the middle, It would be good if it could spread the light some more
- The control is not bad but I dont like to go through all the modes to find the right one(the flashing is just to much). The extra turn on the head is also a bit to much

Now Im looking to by a new and the question is what flashlights should I look at? I am looking for a flashlight that supports standard AA battries and that gives as much light as possible. The size should be about the same as the Quark(or smaller).

Any suggestions.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Malkoff MDC in the AA format. The beam will not be as tight as the Quark so you'll get more light in the spill and less in the hot spot. In fact, it's the same beam as the full size Malkoff drop ins if you're familiar with that.

You can either purchase the stock AA light as a unit which offers a moonlight, low, and high if you usually run primaries or if you use lithium ions, you can purchase the AA body and one of the heads designed for the higher voltage including the single mode high output head, a low-med-high head, a high-medium-low head, and a neutral version.

No blink modes to worry about and you can interchange heads if you decide you want to add to your collection or if Gene comes out with something new. The deep carry pocket clip is also nice but it also comes off if you don't need it.

Cheers!