New Inova Radiant 2AA and 2AAA LED flashlights

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw it too and man it looks quite nice. Polycarbonate body, interesting. The Radiant 2AA actually has 150 lumens on high though, not 130. It throws up to 155m compared to the X2(2AA also) which throws up to 135m.

Have the XS(1AAA) and X2(2AA) and it feels really tough like a tank with its thick walls.

Too bad my dealer here has stopped importing Inova lights. They only have very limited models. :(

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a fairly negative experience with the Inova Radiant in x2 AA. I might try the new release under Nite Ize, but the new model specs are not giving me shivers.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha!

I have an early model Radiant. Looks just like that but runs on 2xAAA. Light source is a single 5mm white LED surrounded by an uncoated aluminum reflector. The light was extremely dim, but was quite comfortable in the hand. The square shape means it doesn't roll. And the black portion in the center of the body is a rubber grip.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the 2AA and 2AAA models when they first came out. The 2AA had a sort of donut hole or hotspot dimmer than the flood. The 2AAA was nice though. Both lights developed electrical contact issues after a few years and the rubber of the light degraded and got sticky. I'd like to see updated versions in carbon fiber instead of sticky plastic/rubber.