Does anyone out there own an Eagetac S200c2?

tubed

Enlightened
I've been searching for a good pocketable thrower for a year now and think this meets most of my criteria.
There is very little written about this light - or its little brother, the T200c2.
They both seem like a great combo of lumens, throw, pocket-ability, price and UI simplicity.
Anyone got one could give me some feedback?

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
Yes i have one , sorry two because i like it so much! I also have the eagletac GX25A3 and SX25A6, like them also but dont need the 10 different strobes, so the S200C2 is more what i need.
One is original (neutral white) XML2 : +-32.000 lux nice hotspot and good flood.
One i am modding : first dedomed a xml :46.500 lux , but i want more so i am working on a xpg2 dedome.
Greetings Marc

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the S200C2vn (modded by Vinhnguyen54). The XP-G2 de-domed model does 700 otf lumens and 122,000 candela per Selfbuilt's testing. It retains the original UI and all three levels. It BLOWS AWAY the stock light in throw and does TRIPLE the candela of the furthest throwing stock light of this size (ArmyTek Predator).

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/383528

I posted some beamshots in post #888.

tubed

Enlightened
so two questions:
1. can you change modes with one hand?
2. can it fit in your front pocket? doesn't have to be comfortable, just fit

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Yes
If you're holding it right. You would have to change you're grip from when you turned it on. The switch is on the tail, so thumb would be on that end to turn it on, if you then switch so your thumb was on the head, it's a simple twist with your thumb and forefinger.
2) Yes
Easily fits in my front pocket. The head is pretty wide so it looks weird but it's not terribly uncomfortable. I carry it in my pocket when walking my dog at night and I have a headlamp or my MM15vn for primary illumination.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely go for the s200cvn

Tons of throw, pocket able and build quality is great.

The increase in throw vinh adds is amazing.

Even stock it's a fantastic light.
I would recommend a small holster though. It will fit in your pocket fine, but the holster is more convenient imo.

tubed

Enlightened
thanks for the info
i do find it strange it doesn't come with a holster as almost every flashlight does these days despite the fact that most don't need it.
I have holster left over from my disasterous Nitecore MH25 purchase that should work.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha that's the exact holster I'm using. Works perfectly

Why disastrous? Mine works great. I like it. Its one of 3 stock lights i have lol.
Thinking about mounting it on my new mossberg 590. Should work great.
However the s200cvn would be nice too. I'd like a bit more flood. The stock mh25 is just the beam I'm looking for.

Last edited:

tubed

Enlightened
i love the beam of the MH25 too. that's now the only thing I like about that light. It has a great flood/throw balance and that's why i'd probably get a stock xml s200 over the vin xpg2 model.

My MH25 clicky/UI went bad at around 9 months. First, it started skipping modes as I cycled through them, then some modes just disappeared. Now it's like a roulette wheel what mode I get when i turn on --- and it always lands on blinky, making it a terrible light. I keep it set to turbo only now and use it in my yard. I can't imagine it would be good on a gun as I tried to use on my bike once and every bump changed modes. I can get it to change modes just by shaking it some times.
I should have known that when you try to pack that many features in a light with a low (ish) price you would fail. The throw and head size, however, were just perfect for my uses as a pocket boat light. I've been looking for a long time for small light with a big head. no one else does that except 47s but i don't like their UIs.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Thank you very much. I will consider going a different route.

I also have a V25cvn that infinitely variable. 1500lm, and very well built. I may throw that one on my gun. That way changing brightness is just a matter of turning the ring, instead of trying to hit the button while mounted.
It also has a very nice beam profile for shooting.

markr6

Flashaholic
I finally ordered one of these after contemplating it for a long time. I wanted a nice, small thrower running on 18650. Deal from GoingGear too good to pass up.

joshjp

Enlightened
I finally ordered one of these after contemplating it for a long time. I wanted a nice, small thrower running on 18650. Deal from GoingGear too good to pass up.

I love going gear, you can get 10% off most items, and they ship fast, I love my S200C2.

markr6

Flashaholic
It arrived! I'm happy with the neutral white tint; that's the first thing that always worries me when turning it on for the first time. I can't really get a good feel for it indoors at work right now, but I'll try it outside tonight. Everything looks OK so far. More spill than expected.

And thanks to GoingGear for including some free extras in the box! One of my favorite vendors!