New lights for 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Well, 2003 has come to a close, and what an unmemorable year. Did anything actually good come out in '03? Maybe most people didn't get the Tigerlight until '03, but I had mine in '02. It's a nice light, although some simple modifications would make it much nicer. The pepper spray container is suppossed to hold 2 oz. of spray, although the 3 containers I had seemed to hold less than 1 oz. The L4 was also nice, although I was hoping for a light with the throw of an E2E. SF couldn't even get that right! The L5 and L6 are totally not worth the outrageous amount of money that SF wants for a light no brighter than the L4, and won't even give any specs on! They have also failed to produce a single satisfactory rechargeable flashlight. I'm saying this with a 10X sitting nearby. The fact that they are not allowing sales on the internet in '04 just goes to show that they are circling the drain.

Streamlight is ok, and getting better, but there still hasn't been a "must have" from them since the Ultrastinger. I have heard a few good things about the TL-3 incandescent, but the fact that the beam can be adjusted isn't very good. They almost had me sold on it until I read about that feature.

So does anyone know if 2004 will be any less pathetic, or will my interest in this forum and this whole subject just fade away in the next few months?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Aaron said:
Well, 2003 has come to a close, and what an unmemorable year. Did anything actually good come out in '03? Maybe most people didn't get the Tigerlight until '03, but I had mine in '02. It's a nice light, although some simple modifications would make it much nicer. The pepper spray container is suppossed to hold 2 oz. of spray, although the 3 containers I had seemed to hold less than 1 oz. The L4 was also nice, although I was hoping for a light with the throw of an E2E. SF couldn't even get that right! The L5 and L6 are totally not worth the outrageous amount of money that SF wants for a light no brighter than the L4, and won't even give any specs on! They have also failed to produce a single satisfactory rechargeable flashlight. I'm saying this with a 10X sitting nearby. The fact that they are not allowing sales on the internet in '04 just goes to show that they are circling the drain.

Streamlight is ok, and getting better, but there still hasn't been a "must have" from them since the Ultrastinger. I have heard a few good things about the TL-3 incandescent, but the fact that the beam can be adjusted isn't very good. They almost had me sold on it until I read about that feature.

So does anyone know if 2004 will be any less pathetic, or will my interest in this forum and this whole subject just fade away in the next few months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious...serious? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Err...Is that an echo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Double Post Detected)

Status
Not open for further replies.