Fenix HL50 Global Testing Campaign

colight

Enlightened
Fenix has successfully developed its first headlamp with neutral white LED, that is, Fenix HL50, which will be launched soon. In order to make the enthusiasts be the first ones to experience the new product, we are now collecting those who are interested in participating in Fenix HL50 Global Testing Campaign. Fenix will select some participants to test the HL50 (finished products) which will be sent for free.
QQ622A56FE20140513172956_zpse6e252d1.jpg

1. Brief Introduction of HL50
Fenix HL50 is a self-contained multi-functional headlamp with strong cold resistance and neutral white light. Neutral white light means superior definition and penetration in high-humidity environments. Pop the lighting head out for handheld or keychain use with the always-ready HL50. It steps in with 365 lumens in Burst mode and the ability to use either CR123Aor AA batteries.

2.Declaration of the Testing Campaign

2.1 Registration Period: From 13th, May. to 27th, May., 2014.

2.2 Registration Website

http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/voteen/Survey_Show.asp?Survey_id=222
2.3 Fenix will send the HL50 (finished products) for free to the participants who are selected to test the HL50, after they receive the flashlight, they need to test it and publicize the reports on the relevant media according to Fenix's requirements.

2.4 Announcement of the qualified tester list

Time: 28th, May, 2014
Face book: http://www.facebook.com/fenixproducts
2.5 It is preliminarily decided that the HL50 will be sent out at the beginning of June, 2014 (depending on the shipment condition),and the mailing fees for the HL50 will be paid by Fenix.

3. Requirements for the Testers and the testing report
3.1 Requirements for the Testers
A. All kinds of fans, including outdoor sports enthusiasts or consumers who can write reviews or reports for flashlights, edit them with words and pictures, or take videos when they are testing the flashlight.
B. Individuals that have already posted more than one review (including but not limited to flashlights)
C. Individuals who can post their testing reports on more than one internet media or other relevant, such as the websites or forums of flashlight, outdoor, photography, magazines and newspapers etc.

3.2The contents of your reports should include:
A. Description and your personal feeling of the product;
B. Images and video of the products, including appearance, function, details and trial run environment;
C. Description of the testing environment and process;
D. Description of the merits and shortcomings of the product and advices

3.3Requirements for writing and publishing the testing report
A. Testers should publicize the report on one or more internet media or other relevant media, such as the website of outdoor, flashlight, photography, magazines and newspapers etc. within 20 days after receiving the HL50, and send the relevant link to Fenix by email for our reference.
B. Please fill out the Feedback Form after publicizing of the testing report.
http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/voteen/Survey_Show.asp?Survey_id=221

4. Notice
4.1 Fenix will contact those selected testers by sending emails. If no replies are received within seven working days, we'll regard them as giving up testing the Fenix product.
4.2. Fenix has the ownership of the testing report provided by the selected testers (including words, images, videos, etc).
4.3 Fenix reserves the rights of final interpretation of this testing campaign.

LEDburn

Enlightened
I really hope there is some kind of padding behind that metal holder because, even after an hour or so, the rubber offering from ZebraLight will leave a mark on your forehead.
I can't imagine metal digging in to your forehead will feel too good.

Would also prefer to ditch the ability to have CR/AA cell in the same light and save some volume in the form of length or diameter. Unless of course they manage to accomodate 17500 cells like the SC80 did for longer runtime ;)

That is just my preliminary observations, obviously with no real use. I'm all for well thought out designs, this doesn't seem to be one however, based upon the info currently available.

edit: I like the look (of the light itself) and possibility of removing it without the hassle that Armytek and ZL have. As long as the light doesn't come out too easily or scratch up when reinstalled and the metal holder is comfortable, I'm sure it will make people happy.
What I would like to know more about is the UI.

Last edited:

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I just did.

Thanks for the heads-up, colight, I always miss Fenix's promotions.