Help with a Niteye MSA10

Samlittle

Enlightened
Anyone using one of these little lights? Has lots of promise with its 5 to 150 lumen and a a twisty UI but I'm finding it to be frustrating.

1st - It should have a green light showing sufficient charge of the one AA battery but no green light :thinking:. I already sent one back to the company for a replacement but the new one arrived today with no green light either. Haven't run the battery down to see if the red light (low battery indicator) works.

Could the AA Enloop rechargeable battery be the problem? It is fully charged but I admit that it seems small compared to the diameter of the battery compartment. The length seems good.

Other curiosity is the need for a push button on/off when the rotary head does the same thing. No lock out with this light. Pretty easy to turn on accidentally if the twist head gets jostled. Would be better with a push button on/off then using the twist dial to pick the intensity.

I'm glad I did not pay the nearly $ 80.00 asking price. At $ 23.00 it's not a bad light but not a good light either. It's a gift and I'm embarrassed to present it.

Any feedback from other owners? Thanks.

Lithium466

Enlightened
Green light should turn on for a few seconds along with the light...maybe yours is defective...twice..hul, seems strange.

I also noticed the thing with the on/off button which is (sometimes?) a bit strange, but in fact I got used to it quickly...the main problem is it is really easy to turn it on accidentally.