HA III Natural Lights

AndrewKelley

Newly Enlightened
For reasons that I'm not sure I can explain, I really like lights with HA III natural anodizing. So far my collection of HA III lights includes the following:

• Surefire C2 (with McClicky and way too many dropins)
  • Surefire E2E (and several LED heads)
  • Surefire E1E
  • Zebralight SC600 II (wow)
  • Various Zebralight 1AA lights (two headlamps, one "regular" torch)
  • ARC LS, including various bodies (twistie, clickie, 2AA)
  • ARC 4+
  • Several ARC AAAs
  • A number of old Longbow legos
  • A solarforce 6P clone
  • A Vital Gear body or two
  • A Doug Spec Firefly (remember those?)
  • A JetBeam RRT01 (not sure if this is actually HA III)

My question is: what quality HA III lights should I add to the collection? Not looking to have everything; just a few favorites.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited to fix brain-dead error.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready. Keep an eye out for the lightweight 6P in the near future. They are stocking some natural bodies and a smoothie bezel in natural. They have gray Cryos Illumination bezels. CryosIllumination.com restocked their slim standoff tailcap in gray, recently. I have two natural Oveready 50mm bodies and interfaces with black delrin tailcaps sporting zero res shorty switches (so I can use 18650 cells) and Cryos Illumination cooling bezels. Also got a natural adaptor for my old SureFire U2, allowing me to use P60 dropins. Really good quality.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Based on your list, I'd suppose you might like a vintage McGizmo Aleph of some sort, in natural HA.

BTW, just to split hairs, (although the terminology is often used loosely) HA implies Type III anodizing. Type II anodizing is not HA ... :)

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on OVEREADY. Nice, nice stuff! :thumbsup:

20140123204626-a8f41e75.jpg

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • Streamlight SC600 II (wow)

My question is: what quality HA III lights should I add to the collection? Not looking to have everything; just a few favorites.

Thanks,

Andrew

I was going to suggest a Zebralight since it appeared you didn't have one at first glance. Then, I looked a little closer at your list....

BriteLite2

Enlightened
fewer and fewer lights have that wonderful HA Natural coating anymore. I really miss it. the old ARC and SF anno just beautiful. Now its all boring black for most stuff.