Black Shadow Terminator Impressions

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I just received one today, bought from the only USA dealer I could find, a CPF member dealer in San Jose, CA. This is the older model with the switch on the handle rather than the new T70 version with the switch on the light body. Now out of stock per their web site so apparently I got one of the last ones, so the next ones they get in may be the new model. It was listed as a May special sale item so probably being clearanced due to the new versions coming.

Excellent machining and finish on the light and the markings are sharp and clear. Overall a very good looking light due to the quality of manufacture and finish. Quite heavy for it's size as it weighs about 22 ounces with batteries. Compact enough though so it looks like it should be considerably lighter. Threads are very clean and smooth feeling when removing and installing the battery case. With batteries installed and the battery case fully tightened the power button is quite brightly lit. Per the instructions and the markings on the light the fully off position is with the battery case unscrewed slightly to give full electrical lockout. Packed in a heavy cardboard box with foam cutout and it includes a lanyard, O ring and instructions in English and Chinese.

Comparing this to my Fenix RC40, Nitecore EAX Hammer and Jetbeam Raptor RRT-3 the Lumens output is more than 2000 Lumens but not up to the manufacturer's claimed 3500 Lumens which would match the Fenix RC40 ANSI rating. Comparing beams side by side on a white ceiling I estimate the output of the Terminator to be in the 2500 lumens range OTF. IMO not bad considering the price I paid and the quality appearance of the light. Per the write-ups I have seen of this light I have not seen any indication that the factory claimed lumens output is an ANSI OTF number. As best I can judge it is clearly brighter than the two 2000 lumens range lights but definitely well below the RC40's output. Still impressive though.

It is working fine with a set of Tenergy 2600 mAh 18650 flat top protected batteries I tried in it so I would consider it to be compatible with flat top batteries that have at least some + end contact protrusion beyond the insulation. Not compatible it looks like with versions that have the positive contact slightly countersunk. The 4 batteries are in parallel so the light is being run on 3.7 volts nominal.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Some Additions:

There is a tripod socket on the bottom of the light and the included lanyard mounts into the tripod socket via an included screw-in connector on the lanyard. An unusual lanyard mounting method. Minimum output is listed as 400 Lumens which I personally consider to be too high for many uses and users. I would like to see a moonlight mode and a 20 to 50 lumens output level included. These would make the design more useful and user friendly IMO.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw those on sale and thought about getting one for my first 18650 light but they were gone before I had the money. Would like to find one if its on sale like that again. How well dos it throw? Will it put enough light at 100 yards to see things?

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Tac;

Beam center intensity closely matches the Nitecore EAX Hammer at max when beams are compared side by side on my white ceiling so I would say definitely yes it will be good for 100 yards. The beam is a reasonable compromise between throw and flood. Sorry that you missed the sale. At the sale price a definite bargain IMO.