PT tec40 rage impact UK Q40

C

CaoCao

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for around 3 weeks now and I feel I've been depriving myself of lights.

I recently had problems with a PT Attitude (now replaced)that prompted me to read up and now I find myself wanting to order the ARC AAA PE along with other lights. Man, I even missed out on the Peter's offer on the LS last friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My question is how much better is the Tec40 compared to the Rage and the UK Q40? and does the impact 2 come close in output to the others?

My deciding factors are: sustained brightness (I've read that the rage is bright for an hour then dims -useful dim?) durability - the bulb shouldn't blow out on me for at least 30hrs use.

Will the Tec40 and UK Q40 be just as bright as the rage after an hour?

Are there any images available for comparison?

Lastly, is the PT Surge much much brighter than the other lights mentioned above?

Apologies if these seem like daft newbie questions, but I have done searches and read up as much as I can.

Many thanks.

PT Attitude, Rayovac 2AA :), PT Pulse*3, MiniMag
Soon to get PT Surge, ARC AAA, etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CaoCao said:

My question is how much better is the Tec40 compared to the Rage and the UK Q40?

Tec40 is a bit brighter then the Rage, Rage has a wider hotspot. Don't have a Q40.

and does the impact 2 come close in output to the others?

No. The impact 2 is a single 5mm led, it's not gonna compare to 2-3 watt Xenon and Halogen bulbs.

My deciding factors are: sustained brightness (I've read that the rage is bright for an hour then dims -useful dim?) durability - the bulb shouldn't blow out on me for at least 30hrs use.

AAA batteries have trouble giving the rage lamp the current that it wants, i haven't done a run test but I'd guess it would be rather yellow after an hours use. As for bulb life I haven't used my Rage much, but have put a ton of AAs through my Tec40 before I blew the bulb, more then 50 AA's if I had to guess.

Will the Tec40 and UK Q40 be just as bright as the rage after an hour?

I would expect them to be quite a bit brighter then the Rage after an hours use on all 3 lights.

Are there any images available for comparison?

I think the beamshot thread is in the Reviews forum, It might have some Tec40 shots. Beam Shot Database

Lastly, is the PT Surge much much brighter than the other lights mentioned above?

Yes, by quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

N710

Newly Enlightened
Another light to look at is the Pelican Pelilite 2C and the Super Saberlite 3C.

Latest posts